Hello and a P-38F question

Assumer

Hey all. First speaker in 1981 was the Klipsch Herersy. Saved and saved to get these speakers and enjoyed them for years. Now back in the fold after inheriting a Klipsch system including 2 chorus speakers, 2 Forte II speakers, a center channel and a 15" sub. Anyway, my question is, I have a chance to get a great deal on a pair of P-38F speakers. I have never heard or seen these in person. Any thoughts on these? I am old school and used to speakers having lareg woofers not three small woofers. I am sure with all the engineering I am sure they are great but just having problems making a choice. I would not be losing money and could sell them eaisly if I choose. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I would be using the speakers with a home theater system and music wise I am a big fan of progressive rock such as the Flower Kings, Yes, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Spocks Beard, etc.

Thanks

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum.

Although I have never heard the Palladiums, here is my thought...

1) Are you able to listen to them before you buy? If so, go check them out and see how they compare to the sound you currently have.

2) If you are unable to demo them first and you can get them at a super cheap price and feel you can easily get your money back by selling them, what do you have to lose?

hate to tell you... progressive rock like yes, gentle giant, genesis and king crimson sound very nice on heritage speakers as well... as long as they are mastered correctly. but I am not sure that any of those can keep up with a p38