The Carnival Cruise From Hell Is Over

Gilbert

They should have been at least offered a hotel room for the night. Leaving that ship only to board for a 10 hour bus ride isn't anyone's idea of 'taking care of people'. Unless you had to race back to work..

Let's remember what an engine fire would do to a airliner too, passengers would barely have time to smell their own stench before it was game over.

You had a choice to stay overnight and be flown back or ride the bus.

As for an engine fire, it happens more than you think with a flame out. Hence why planes have ETOPS rating for double engine planes. Most commercial passengerjets have enough power in one engine to get them to nearlt all airports and land safely. The biggest problem with an engine fire or flameout on takeoff is actually waiting to reland as ATC diverts traffic and requests you dump fuel.

I did a cruise once. Kinda boring actually. Essentially it is an eat/drink/gamble festival geared to relieve the passengers from as much of their cash as possible. But they may have found something new here by accident. Challenge Humanity theme cruises. An adventure in dehumanization where your ability to tolerate adversity gets stretched to its limits. Includes all the rotten stuff, noroviruses, fires, hostage taking, starvation, sleep deprivation, marooning, etc. Sorta like 'survivor' on the high seas. Builds character as you float.

I did a cruise once. Kinda boring actually. Essentially it is an eat/drink/gamble festival geared to relieve the passengers from as much of their cash as possible. But they may have found something new here by accident. Challenge Humanity theme cruises. An adventure in dehumanization where your ability to tolerate adversity gets stretched to its limits. Includes all the rotten stuff, noroviruses, fires, hostage taking, starvation, sleep deprivation, marooning, etc. Sorta like 'survivor' on the high seas. Builds character as you float.

I remember there was a business proposal to try and buy a used 747 to have mile high clubs that just flew from and back to the same place. FAA wouldn't clear that.

...I remember there was a business proposal to try and buy a used 747 to have mile high clubs that just flew from and back to the same place. FAA wouldn't clear that.

Hmmm...Sounds like a scenario where single girls could fly free and the bathrooms would always be occupied--On that note, First class seats would be at a premium and flying economy really would be for the adventurous. [:P]

As long as there still floating your ok, except for maybe the poop deck, always wondered where they got that name.

There's a bar in here in Omaha called that. Wonder if it got busy during this time. I am with you I would have pooped off the deck, especially after hanging out with you at the bar during all of this.

• Moderators

I did a cruise once. Kinda boring actually. Essentially it is an eat/drink/gamble festival geared to relieve the passengers from as much of their cash as possible.

Must be doing it wrong ? [:o][;)] We don't gamble, but we do have a few drinks from the bars, and a few others which are free, we don't spend any other money on the boat. Were not big drinkers but it is a week long and I don't plan to drive or operate heavy equipment so precautions are taken to stay in the right mood.

Bored maby sometimes, just adjust your altitude and watch the ocean go by listening to music. [8]

On land is where you spend a little more, drinks, taxi's, vans, maby rent a smaller boat, more drinks, some zip lines, snorkeling, swimming, meeting locals, and trying not to become a statistic.

Overall it's really a cheap way to go, we couldn't go for 7 days on land for that price.

• Moderators

As long as there still floating your ok, except for maybe the poop deck, always wondered where they got that name.

There's a bar in here in Omaha called that. Wonder if it got busy during this time. I am with you I would have pooped off the deck, especially after hanging out with you at the bar during all of this.

[Y]

I would think it would have happened, and we would have not been alone.

I think they need a new plan on these ships, a "special" backup generator just for music and ice makers and a pump to pump seawater up on deck as a shower (considering it's many days long)

They might find us drifting along in no particular direction but it will definitely look and sound like a party [:P][<:o)][8]

But they may have found something new here by accident. Challenge Humanity theme cruises. An adventure in dehumanization where your ability to tolerate adversity gets stretched to its limits. Includes all the rotten stuff, noroviruses, fires, hostage taking, starvation, sleep deprivation, marooning, etc. Sorta like 'survivor' on the high seas. Builds character as you float.

LOL, that's too funny. And if you ever get daring again, try a Sliversea cruise. They're top notch.