WTB: Case for Scott 299b amplifier

Kevmosmith

Looking to by a case for a Scott 299b amp (preferably a wood case, but will consider metal). It doesn't have to be OEM, a DIY wood case is fine as long as it is done well and looks good.

If you have one, or have a lead on one, please let me know what you have, a price and a picture (if you don't mind) PM is the best way to reach me.

Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin,

Contact Tom Keady tkeady@neb.rr.com he makes a real nice functional case that will fit your amp in just about any wood type you could imagine (custom for a price). I sent him a sample of a neat case a deceased forum member used to make for my customers and he improved it a bit. I'd highly suggest you not use one of those metal cases they do not have enough ventilation. I have about 10 of those and if I was not so dead set on folks not using them I'd give you one free. They are okay for the tuners or preamps but they bake an amp big time...

Craig

The neat part about the above case is it just lifts off the Scott to allow you to keep the chassis clean, bias the output tubes and roll tubes without hassle. Once you have to remove a factory case you will dread everytime you have to do it. Plus they tend to be real fragile after all these years so damaging them in the process is common.