doesn't anyone know about this speaker?

eccosjj

Hello James, I got the feedback from Klipsch, and here is part of email:

It was the first generation RB-81 book shelf speakers. This has since been replaced with the second generation RB-81 model. However, this model is no longer available in cherry.

Seems like the speaker is the official product, but I still think there should be a reference on the internet no matter how old this speaker is.

what do you think? Maybe I'm being stubborn, I've sent the email to Klipsch again to ask for the spec of this speaker.

well, just have to say this is one more example of what a truly fine organization Klipsch is. don't know of another manufacturer on the planet that would go to the expense of having a real live person respond so promptly to an email requesting identification of an out of production speaker.

very cool.

Kudos to Klipsch!

eccosjj,

well, that's cool. not only are these authentic Klipsch, they are an amazingly rare model. Think they are definitely worth acquiring from your friend as surrounds for your system. congrats!

moray,

help with translation please. I'm just an arkansas redneck.

but with very good taste in loudspeakers!

I drove through Arkansas once and I wish that I had more time it is a beautiful state. I had wanted to stop in Hope but there was no way at the time and I never got back again.

I think the wood veneer is a real rare find in these RB81's I do hope that the OP picks them up as they were obviously dropped from production because they were too espensive to make and the next version has plastic vinyl veneer only. I have a set of RB61 and they are an amazing little loudspeaker. I picked them up when the Mk ll versions hit the market.

Hey we both have red necks, I is just a red neck alberta boy myself. Say do you know why solving hillbilly murders is so very hard to do? Well the reason is there are no dental records and all the DNA matches. Best regards Moray James.

They don't look anything like my RB61's (series 1). Mine have the port on the front and bi-wire/bi/amp inputs. Is the grill held on with magnets?

If I've got the latest de-coder ring for the serial number they were made in 2000, 33rd week and was the 17th speaker made that week. Were the RB81's in production that year??

seems the OP sent picks of the units and lables to Klipsch servide they are good with these. I seem to remember seeing a pair just aftet they changed to the front port version. Best regards Moray James.

Hello James, I got the feedback from Klipsch, and here is part of email:

It
was the first generation RB-81 book shelf speakers. This has since
been replaced with the second generation RB-81 model. However, this
model is no longer available in cherry.

Seems like the
speaker is the official product.