Receiver recommendation wanted

gbrlex

I'm using KLF 30's as fronts. a C7 as a center and KSP S-6 as surrounds. I'm looking to buy a new receiver with a budget of $1,000. I need recommendations on what brands would sound the best with my set up. I have no way locally to test the various brands. I've been looking at Denon, MMarantz, Pioneer and Harmon Kardon. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Tromprof,

How did you hook up your turntable? I haven't seen a phono input of the SC-1222.

I have a nice Yaqin tube phono preamp. There is no phono input,on the Pioneer and even if there was the Yaqin is really nice sounding.

+1 for the pioneer vsx.

Of all the brands I have listened to with klipsch speakers so far Pioneer elite has been my favorite.

Denon sounded great and neutral but maybe a little to neutral I preferred a little warmth with pans etc.

Onkyo was dead center middle of the line and I would have kept my 809 except it had a random problem.

Marantz Im sorry for any Marantz users on here but I am just not a fan. I they seem to be the first ones to roll into distortion at high volumes but I do think they sound great at normal listening levels.

HK. I do really love HK but havent listened to their newer receivers its been a while since I have auditioned one but they are next on my list to try out if I dont go straight anthem pre amp. Plus Youthman has some very positive remarks on his.

Pioneer Elite just sounds the best paired with Klipsch IMO. Not to warm still a little neutral and they just sing together.

If you decide for the budget youre in to do some pre/pro amp set up a lot of ppl on here love emotiva and I have heard numerous great things about B&K paired with Klipsch.

Good luck on the quest