Just scored some Cherry RF-63's!!

K5SS

I have been patiently waiting for over a year for these babies. I am picking thm up tomorrow morning. Mint condition with origional boxes. I am supper excited!! Now I am on the lookout for a RC-64 I in cherry. Had to share:)

No particular reason. I just figured that it might be beneficial to have the center channel and the R & L drivers all the same size. Probably doesn't make much sense but that is just the OCD in me. I will probably only set the x-over to 80hz anyway. The Rythmik FV15HP is handling the lows just fine:)

No particular reason. I just figured that it might be beneficial to have the center channel and the R & L drivers all the same size. Probably doesn't make much sense but that is just the OCD in me. I will probably only set the x-over to 80hz anyway. The Rythmik FV15HP is handling the lows just fine:)

o man, an 80hz crossover makes me sad haha. Those things are so capable!!! I get your methodology but both the 83's and 63's are mated to the 64 center :). In any case, those speakers arent slouches.

Excellent score. You will love them.

I will probably only set the x-over to 80hz anyway. The Rythmik FV15HP is handling the lows just fine:)

The RF-63's do mid bass like no other, IMO. Very tight, fast and accurate. I set my 63's to large(so did Audyssey) after much trial and error, I do like it best.

I too have top tier musical subs with my Revel B15/RSW-10d and like your Rythmik, very capable of handling the 80hz and below region. I really like the fuller sound with having the 63's set to large.

Bill

My problem is that I am pretty clueless on how to set my gear up. I feel like I spend all this money and I never actually take advantage of equipment's capabilities. I might have a few questions or you guys tomorrow... I just hope they fit into my little C300 in the boxes. I measured and it's going to be close

to each their own when it comes to tuning. Personally, i like to always keep my towers set on large and the lowest possible crossover provided they can handle it all clearly to the bottom. I like to set my subs at around 60hz since i usually make sure my towers can dig deep. I tends to tune by ear and just take the speakers for what they are. I don't really tune any eq's, i do that more so in my car but that's because cars are a nightmare for acoustics. I find speaker placement to be more complicated at times than the tuning aspect.

ask away with your questions, that's why the forum is here!

Lucky! I have been trying to find a second pair. There was a set on ebay but a bit too pricey. I keep mine set at 80 as well. They sound great on full range with music but at my volumes on movies they just can't handle being set to full range. So 80 it is and svs takes over after that. Good luck on the rc-64 search. If I decide to upgrade my home theater and sell mine ill let you know.

I can tell you that I will never go back to vinyl wrapped speakers again. These things are BEAUTIFUL! I can tell you that they clearly sound better than my RF-3's but I am wondering if the RF-3's are a little underrated? Now it will probably take me three years to locate a first generation RC-64 in Cherry but let the search begin:) if you guys see anything, please let me know.

Do the origional RB-61 Cherry have the same veneer as the RF-63's?

I set my 63's to large(so did Audyssey)

Actually Audyssey doesn't do this, it is actually your processor/receiver's maker which controls this setting when Audyssey is run, however Chris Kyriakakis the founder of Audyssey recommends resetting this to SMALL and using the appropriate crossover setting for your speakers when using a subwoofer.

I can tell you that I will never go back to vinyl wrapped speakers again. These things are BEAUTIFUL! I can tell you that they clearly sound better than my RF-3's but I am wondering if the RF-3's are a little underrated? Now it will probably take me three years to locate a first generation RC-64 in Cherry but let the search begin:) if you guys see anything, please let me know.

Do the origional RB-61 Cherry have the same veneer as the RF-63's?

K, the cherry RB-61's if you find them are cherry vinyl wrap and a much different color too. I had a cherry rsw-10d and the color is quite different. None of the bookshelves are real veneer in gen 4.

Actually Audyssey doesn't do this, it is actually your processor/receiver's maker which controls this setting when Audyssey is run, however Chris Kyriakakis the founder of Audyssey recommends resetting this to SMALL and using the appropriate crossover setting for your speakers when using a subwoofer.

Either way, whatever software set them to large, I do like the sound better that way in my room.

I do appreciate the advice though.

Bill