WTB: Cornwall Cane grills

ACM

Anybody have a pair of Cornwall Cane grills they would like to part with? They don't have to be original Klipsch as long as they look close to the real deal. Badges are not necessary. Any of you crafty Diy'ers want to build a pair? I'll entertain that as well, long as the price fits my budget. If intersted in building a pair, send a PM and we can talk price. I know everyone's time is worth something so I'd rather not insult anyone with budget constaints here. Just putting a feeler out for some Cane grills.

Thanks

I've looked through Bob's site several times but haven't found any grills to buy. I have a pair of Cornwalls with the Fastrac mid horn, and factory black grills that I modified the cutout to match the mid horn. I am just looking for a pair of Cane grills, original that I can modify the squaker opening, or a pair made by someone with the ways and means. Thank you for the suggestion though.

how did looking for cane grills turn into hey why don't you get some cornscalas

ACM i believe the best match for cane cloth is from Wendell Fabrics #4134 you would still need the grill boards

http://wendellfabrics.com/mellotonefabricsamples.html

a pair of black cornwall grills just sold on ebay for $150 to give you an idea what they might cost if you find some for sale

Thanks Budman. I've looked at the mellotone fabrics but it's hard to tell looking at that little swatch, good to know the 4134 will have the cane look I am after. I feel comfortable gluing the fabric, just don't have a way of cutting the boards.

They look more 'cane like' in person than in the photo. Now that I examine them again I can't say with 100% certainty. I'm the second owner and always assumed they were cane grills. Would documents that came with the speakers have that info? Mine are in my attic at the moment.

This post lists grill options (pasted below for conveninece):

KLIPSCH GRILLS & CLOTH CODES:

#03 = Cane

#13 = Heritage brown

#15 = White/black coarse weave

#17 = Duracrest, black, poly-olefin, stranded, coarse weave (Heritage only)

#18 = Duracrest, brown, poly-olefin, stranded, coarse weave (Heritage only)

#19 = Duracrest #19, black, poly/ nylon, flat weave (Forte, Chorus, etc.)

Maybe mine are 'Heritage Brown'? They definitely aren't polyolefin. Is there a photo repository of available heritage Klipsch grill options? A
quick search led me to some beautiful restorations but isn't helping me
find the answer. I don't want to hijack the thread but would be
greatful if someone could confirm.

how did looking for cane grills turn into hey why don't you get some cornscalas

ACM i believe the best match for cane cloth is from Wendell Fabrics #4134 you would still need the grill boards

http://wendellfabrics.com/mellotonefabricsamples.html

a pair of black cornwall grills just sold on ebay for $150 to give you an idea what they might cost if you find some for sale

Fast reading error mistake . . . My apologies.

I saw those. They look to be very nice, and I agree that they are priced right. I'm pretty attached to my Cornscalas, otherwise I would be very tempted. I definitely do not have room for 2 pairs of Cornwalls. Thanks for the heads up.

I have a pair of OEM Klipsch Cane ones that I would like to trade them for a black pair. One has a couple of minor flaws, otherwise excellent.

Charles, you could remove the cane cloth from your grills ( sell the cane cloth ) and buy some new black cloth from BEC, cut and glue and be done for maybe $50-$60 might be cheaper in the long run. a set sold on ebay for $150 couple weeks ago plus shipping. i'm just saying

I have a pair of OEM Klipsch Cane ones that I would like to trade them for a black pair. One has a couple of minor flaws, otherwise excellent.

I would love to trade you my black grills but they are pretty rough, rougher than you would want, I'd guess. Original Klipsch but a few snags, bordering on holes, a crack in board, etc. And, I modified the mid opening to fit the larger Fastrac tractrix horn.