FOR SALE - Klipschorn Speakers - Nashville, TN $1800.00 Pair ***SOLD***

Slapfireguy

" what part of I WANT THEM doesn't he understand"

Russ-

I feel your pain. On a Friday evening I replied to a post by a Forum member (I'd personally met him earlier) who was selling Cornwalls. I said, "I'll take them." I was on my way out the door to run the concession stand at my son's high school football game. I figured we'd conclude the deal when I got home.

When I got home, I was surprised to find out my forum "friend" sold them to another Forum member.

In this case, the OP was not a Forum regular. "I want them" was not interpreted as accepting his offer. The temptation of Craigslist followers in a bidding war was too much to resist.

In a strange coincidence, some time later I spent a pleasant evening with the Forum member who bought the Cornwalls. It all worked out for the best, as I bought La Scalas from Michael Colter instead. As my late mother used to say, "If it's right it'll work out. If it didn't work out, it wasn't right."

ON ANOTHER NOTE

Thanks again for the badges. My son is still enjoying the Heresy pair I gave him for his graduation from George Washington U. Now he wears a badge as a D.C. police officer. He was probably safer while in Afghanistan.

hey Neil, i know exactly what your saying. just trying to figure out what i will do differently the next time and i'm sure there will be a next time. man those heresys sure did turn out nice.

you gotta be one proud papa.

I have to admit that is the most unusual setup for Khorns that I have ever seen. Didn't know you could use a DLP TV to make a corner. Stick out tongue

I seem to remember a drawing PWK made having to do with a setup like that. The idea was that the sound would bounce off the walls and then go towards your ear giving you the impression of a wider soundstage than would be possible in a skinny room.

I have to admit that is the most unusual setup for Khorns that I have ever seen. Didn't know you could use a DLP TV to make a corner. Stick out tongue

I seem to remember a drawing PWK made having to do with a setup like that. The idea was that the sound would bounce off the walls and then go towards your ear giving you the impression of a wider soundstage than would be possible in a skinny room.

In that drawing, PWK likely had the TV on top of the Khorns, after they had been pushed together.

Condolences, Budman...