JL Home Subs to be offered

mustang guy

I just spoke with the regional JL rep, and he said that JL is coming out with a new affordable sub for those of us who cannot afford the current $6-12K offerings. I think he said they would be in the $1,300 range. At that price, it might be worth a listen.

There is one thing I know JL does extremely well and that is build excellent subs. My neighbors, AC Audio sells Paradigm and JL subs, and when they have a customer that isn't satisfied with Paradigm subs, they sell them JL's to put smiles on thier faces. That's saying a lot, since Paradigm makes kick butt subs.

I just spoke with the regional JL rep, and he said that JL is coming out with a new affordable sub for those of us who cannot afford the current $6-12K offerings. I think he said they would be in the $1,300 range. At that price, it might be worth a listen.

There is one thing I know JL does extremely well and that is build excellent subs. My neighbors, AC Audio sells Paradigm and JL subs, and when they have a customer that isn't satisfied with Paradigm subs, they sell them JL's to put smiles on thier faces. That's saying a lot, since Paradigm makes kick butt subs.

That's really great to hear! I've always loved JL's craftsmanship, and hopefully they can still bring some of that to the more affordable range of these new subs. Any idea when these might ship?

They look great. The only problem I see is their competition in the $1,400-1,700 price range. You can buy subs in that price range that competes with the Fathom performance wise. I would really like to hear these little gems though..

They look great. The only problem I see is their competition in the $1,400-1,700 price range. You can buy subs in that price range that competes with the Fathom performance wise. I would really like to hear these little gems though..

You are right Sir. I thought I had a great contender for the SVS Ultra 13 where I could say I have two opitons or a sub that would perform better. This is not the case. I love JL products after at least a dozen different car systems from 500 watts to 3000 watts JL holds a special place in my heart for their sound quality. But when comparing the Ultra with the JL E12 the ultra wins, in the areas that matter to me, low Fre ext and amp power RMS and dynamic. I am sure the JL is compact and I would guess like a sunfire sub lots of power in a small package. Probably more accepted by most wives, IMO JL missed the mark and target market. To under cut SVS epik HSU and other internet direct sellers make a product that out performs or is a better value. Sell a product that is more money but has a substantial better performance for the money. If JL released a sub with 2 W6 13's and a cross response like the SVS for 200 more than the ultra with the same output. I might lean toward the JL, the multi driver config is more my style, BUT most people don't have 12,000 to spend on a sub. Thank you for posting the link about the new subs I would have never known.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what % of market share online subs have taken from the retail brands? For us it would seem huge but rewind 3 years ago and i personally had never even heard of svs for example. Does any one have any good numbers they have read or heard from someone in or close to the industry?

Ahhh... My first sub was a JL...[au]....I used it in my first Car system that was actually in my first Car/1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with 180,000miles .....I remember the first day with that thing in the back and driving into the school parking lot......[8-|].......The song playing upon arrival may have been "Paul Revere" ......Oh the memories.......The new E sub does look like it has been compromised to save space.....I love the dual spiders though...I have seen only a few other subs with dual spiders. The 15' WilsonAudio Thor's Hammer subs come to mind......Beautiful.