Where can I sell my k-horns?

pvgreg

Try here first. Then EBAY

Tell us the serial numbers on both units, and the components inside, what is the wood type, and condition of the speakers too. A good picture(s) would go a long way to help in your sale too.

Sorry this sounds like a lot to work or to ask... Trust me, it will mean hundreds more in your pocket if you can supply all of this info too. Everyone else does.

Good luck!

You may get more cash on e-bay, but you will find them a good home here for someone that really appreciates them. Money is important but sometimes knowledge that they will be cared for as you cared for them is more satisfying. Kinda like the Cruella DeVille analogy.

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are the specs and some photos in the attachment. The finish is walnut, the tweeter is stamped K-77, the mid-range is stamped 4395-K-55V, and the driver is stamped Type 1-RB. The Model Number is K-C-W-R and the Serial Numbers are 2D214 and 2D215. They are in very good condition with only a few cosmetic nicks and dings in the finish that has been re-oiled. The kane cloth is all new, Klipsch original. I could use some advice on their reasonable value. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

an easier way to see the pics...

Klipschorns009.jpg

Klipschorns015B.jpg

Klipschorns017B.jpg

look nice.

would be nice to have larger, higher quality pics for us to nit pic Smile.gif hehe

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Weren't these just on ebay last week? I seem to remember them being in florida (could be wrong tho; florida/california...its all the same to someone in illinois)..

------------------

Two Channel System:

Klipsch Fortes (1988)

Jolida 202a

Rega Planet

Denon DP 3000 tt (Stax tonearm; Grado Gold cart.)

tre bizaar

quote:

This is a Reserve Auction in which the reserve price was not met.

it was never even sold in that auction.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Yes, we did have them on ebay last week (in California) and the reserve was not met. We based the reserve on a pair of k-horns that sold on ebay the week before for $3375. Our auction topped out at $1300. From the sources I've talked to, they're worth more than that. I'd like to get your opinion on the value. Thanks.

LOL Kinda funny Kev 313 you nailed em... I love it when you see them one place, and then they seem to be repackaged another... I think his original post and being new in here with the please help me feeling of his message "Hi- I have a pair of 1967 K-horns in great condition, as I am the original owner. They have new original kane cloth and are in perfect working order. Do you know where I can post them for sale? Thanks!" was maybe, if I may stretch here, not quite "totally" honest. He knew about Ebay, he also knew, if he spent some time looking at this site too, that the Klipsch BB would be a great place also to share them with potential bidders/buyers.

There was a pair of La Scalas that had this wood burning mushroom drug reference that I swear has been bought and sold like 5 to 6 times now on Ebay. LOL. Some hippie from the 60's I am sure who was wasted at the time burned into the side cabinet wood this "Alice In Wonderland" kinda thing. Really weird.

OK, to a bid price.. 1,300 dollars was probably just a tad low but pretty close.. I would agree 1,500-1,800 maybe 2000, looking at yours vs what I have seen over the past 3 years. Sorry if it seems lower than what YOU wanted. Try again in a few months you never know. It is just my opinion.

Like anything sold at auction or on the web... People will only pay for something they want at a price THEY think is fair.. Might be your price is too high.. But somewhere in the middle, is usually where a deal is made.

This message has been edited by IndyKlipschFan on 06-25-2002 at 03:00 PM