Serious question - Heresy's V.S. RF3's for fronts

Escher

There a few sets of Heresy's local to me - look like II's.... and Ive been tempted.

Would it be worth looking into replacing my RF3 fronts with the Heresy's? If so, Why?

I am really enjoying the RF3's, I just really really like the heritage line... and am looking for an excuse I think... ;) But to do it I would have to sell the RF3's...

There a few sets of Heresy's local to me - look like II's.... and Ive been tempted.

I know the feeling.[:|]

Would it be worth looking into replacing my RF3 fronts with the Heresy's? If so, Why?

I would say yes, and know. If you like the RF-3's, then continue to enjoy them.

No reason you can't have the Heresy II's also. Refer to this thread. http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/173111.aspx

Okay maybe a couple of reasons, WAF and shortness of $$$.[:)]

Are your RF-3's part of a multichannel system or just 2-channel? Do you have a subwoofer? Do you have room for a second rig, either in same room or seperate room?

Bill

Are your RF-3's part of a multichannel system or just 2-channel? Do you have a subwoofer? Do you have room for a second rig, either in same room or seperate room?

Bill

6.1 setup.... See sig... Infinity sub, unfortuately... but its doing its job for the moment...

I can fit a second channel up front as a B-Set, which is the plan... My Marantz 5006 will do that quite happily...

I have some of the funds, but they were earmarked for another project... but you know how it is, this vintage girls turn your head and you just cant look away!

I'd likley side by side them with the RF3's for a while.... I'm just curious as to what to expect...

I had La-Scala's previously - would you say they are more like them, or closer to the RF3's?

I was in this same position when I first got into Klipsch. I started with a beautiful pair of Heresy's, sold them, bought RF-3's new, and regretted it. I'd give almost anything to get that pair of Heresy's back. Gave the RF-3's to a friend shortly after I purchased my current home theater. I still have yet to find a pair of Heresy's that look like the ones I had.

For me, i'd prefer the H2's. However, that is strictly a subjective preference sort of thing. If you're interested in the HII's, get them and compare them in your room.

Leave yourself the option of using what you like. Some folks prefer the RF sound. Heritage and RF are both great sound, but there is a different signature.

I've liked every Klipsch 3-way speaker I've heard better than any Klipsch 2-way speaker I've heard. Now, I've never heard Jubilees so that very well would be an exception.

3-ways I've heard: Forte, Forte II, Quartet, Chorus, Cornwall, KLF-30.

2-ways I've heard: RF-25, RF-62, RF-7, RF-83, CF-3.

Don't get me wrong, its not that I didn't like the sound of the 2-ways. Its just I liked the sound of the 3-ways better.

I've liked every Klipsch 3-way speaker I've heard better than any Klipsch 2-way speaker I've heard.

I would have to agree with Wuzzzer in most cases, but for me there are a couple of exceptions, RF-63's and RB-5's. The 63's, in my opinion, are the most 3-way sounding 2-way towers I have ever heard, and that includes other brands. The RB-5 just has that something special, balanced, punchy, and detailed. I have not had the pleasure of listening to Jubilees yet and I am sure the RB-75's would trump the RB-5 for me in the bookshelf speaker department.

As far as Heresys vs RF-3's, get a pair of HI's or HII's and A-B them with your RF-3's and decide then.

Bill