Leaving stereo on

Hutch1814

So my boxer that's 2 years old now is starting to destroy the house again and I noticed when I leave the tv on she stays mellow for some reason. Is there anything wrong with leaving my AVR on radio and let it play throughout the day? Am I taking life off the receiver and powered subwoofer or does it really matter?

I leave my Anthem A5+A2 amps on all the time I never shut them off. I also leave both my KA1000 Amps on all the time and My Elite SC55 Pre-amp on. Never hurts anything I just dont want them to cool and reheat all the time. This is a 50/50 swing of what people like to do but mine are always on. I dont ever have anything playing through them though unless I go upstairs an di never leave my TV or obviously not my projector. I think your fine. Most of this stuff is pretty energy efficient. With my 2 Sub amps, 2 power amps, Pre amp on all the time I have seen about a 1 dollar difference in the power bill. I doubt you are killing the life of them by half and Im sure you will swap gear after a certain amount of years anyway.

lolhahahahahahahaha

you look interesting there. iv never seen you on the weekends uncle boxx. your gonna start a trend.

to the op..between tv and stereo i always leave a couple left on at home if wife&i go to the store or out of the state. its also a good basis to deter theifs. Also just in case i keep a good acceptable back up radio or 2 in the closet in case my cat buddy wears my good radio out. I love my cat buddy

I turn off anything that I'm not using. Except for the iMac. I leave it on all of the time for instant wake up, I touch the track pad and its ready to go, immediately. But it's the only device that I really "need" that "instant on" capability with. More so, its the only device that I am not patient with. When I venture to my media room I expect having to turn a few things on and being that they're all high current drawing devices, I'm ok with that. The Harmony remote turns on everything all at once anyhow, but for the amp and only because I haven't trigger wired it to my pro yet.

I always turn off everything when not in use as well. With the dirty and unreliable power grid that we are supplied juice from, I always worry about outages or surge possibilities when not at home. Why not just leave the TV on, with music supplied from your satelite or cable box for background music for the dog?

I agree with John if you dont have power centers etc. and have expensive equipment may not want leave those on. I have 2 Monster Power AVS Voltage Stabilizers, 2 Monster Power Uninterruptable Power Supplys, and a Monster Reference Power Center for good clean power and voltage regulation. If a major power outage does occur the UPS keep it all on and slowly kill the power so as to not affect anything. Maybe get a small clock radio for when ur not home for the pooch [:P]