Jeep Radio

JJkizak

Went to the dealer to get an estimate to fix my Jeep Cherokee 2001 radio/cd/tape/clock/am/fm and after the man took

the VIN he said $683.00. Well blow me over and roll me in dog crap. Plus having to unlock the replacement radio.

JJK

Quick view it was made in Japan. The joy stick will not feed the left front speaker even though it moves there. It is a Mitsubitsi.There are two front speakers and two rear speakers. I pulled the left door panel off and checked the speaker which measures somewhere around zero ohms. No broken wires and there seems to be a tiny AC signal reaching the speaker (speaker unplugged) The wires are intact on the back of the unit with no damaged pins on either plug.

JJK

Quick view it was made in Japan. The joy stick will not feed the left front speaker even though it moves there. It is a Mitsubitsi.There are two front speakers and two rear speakers. I pulled the left door panel off and checked the speaker which measures somewhere around zero ohms. No broken wires and there seems to be a tiny AC signal reaching the speaker (speaker unplugged) The wires are intact on the back of the unit with no damaged pins on either plug.

JJK

Sounds like the radio then. The reason I asked if it was an Infinity system is due to the fact that 2 of the Infinity speakers have built in amps that will go bad. They're wired really strangely and can simulate a radio issue.

Would you believe I fixed the problem. One of the harness wires was broken (inside the rubber boot) between the

left front speaker and the hrness plugs behind the left front kick panel. Fished in a new wire and spliced it into the

old wire near the plugs so I didn't have to mess with the connectors. The broken wire had tons of gooy black stuff on the copper

after I skinned off the insulation. That speaker picks up about 20 db of volume when

you insert it back into the door.

JJK

Would you believe I fixed the problem. One of the harness wires was broken (inside the rubber boot) between the

left front speaker and the hrness plugs behind the left front kick panel. Fished in a new wire and spliced it into the

old wire near the plugs so I didn't have to mess with the connectors. The broken wire had tons of gooy black stuff on the copper

after I skinned off the insulation. That speaker picks up about 20 db of volume when

you insert it back into the door.

JJK

Great! That accordian is notorious for breaking wires, as that's the door with the most wiring and gets opened and closed more than any other. If you have problems with ANY doors power window or lock, look there first. Everything runs to the master switches in that door.