Free DIY bass bins

Rudy81

I hope I'm not making a mistake, but I need to get these bass bins out of here since I don't have anywhere to store them.

I am 99% sure I will be keeping my latest open baffle builds, so I need to let go of my version of JC's DBB bass bins. The DBBs are Baltic Birch and served me well for several years.

All you have to do is come get'em and help me carry them down from the 2nd. floor. All are for 15" drivers.

Located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Mighty nice of you to offer these up Rudy!

By the way, how are you liking the Oris horns?

Every time I listen to the Oris horns I can't believe they sound so dang good. After my last listening session I decided I'm not going back to anything that I have to cross higher than 200Hz. It just sounds like I remember auditioning a long time ago...a sound I have been after for too long.

That pretty much solidified my resolve to let go of the DBBs, which I have been very happy with since I built them. They would not win any construction prizes, but they are well built and extremely sturdy. I figured someone may want to play around with them. Just paying it forward as they say.

I know I'm in the vast minority here chasing after 8" drivers, but after many years of listening to lots of different systems, I know I love the sound of those horns and the 8" drivers. Amazingly, those Tang Band drivers do a great job for $200 per driver.

Also, I would hate to just throw away those Baltic Birch cabs.

Very nice to offer the DBB's. They are indeed too nice to ditch.

Also cool to know about the TB drivers in the Oris. Sometimes it doesn't take mega bucks to get great sound.

I have learned over the years that many times the mega buck stuff is not that much better than the mid priced items. Of course, it depends on the item, but many times the items that are 10x the price are nowhere near 10x's better.

At least, in my experience.

I have learned over the years that many times the mega buck stuff is not that much better than the mid priced items. Of course, it depends on the item, but many times the items that are 10x the price are nowhere near 10x's better.

I believe that's called 'The Law of Diminishing Returns' [:D]

If I lived anywhere close to you I'd already be on my way.

Eric

I'll take 'em. Shoot me a PM - this week's schedule sucks for me, but if you're not looking to get them out ASAP we can figure out a time very soon to come down and get them off your hands. I'm just NE of McKinney.

Consider them yours. You just can't criticize my woodworking skills in public! :-)

I just sent you a PM.