Chorus IIs on the way

mcp

Ok, the seller brought over the second speaker tonight, so all is good in the world now. They are absolutely stunning (if you like the clear oak finish) and are pretty much flawless. Listening to a little George Benson Quartet right now and what strikes me most is the scale of the music compared to most speakers I've listened to lately.

img1307xf.jpg

Wow! You've done good! They are beautiful! bravo.gif

You are absolutely correct, you can not get the same "Scale" of music out of small(er) speakers.

Congratulations and enjoy the music! [<:o)]

Dennie

Those look great!!!.........I don't think I could have waited, even a day. Nice to see it's all over and nothin' left but to enjoy them.

Congrats on finally getting the pair together! I was always partial to the Oiled Oak, myself. That's why I got the black ones. Huh?

That makes sense to me......I've always loved Walnut so I bought Oiled Oak....[:|]

Those look great!!!.........I don't think I could have waited, even a day. Nice to see it's all over and nothin' left but to enjoy them.

Congrats on finally getting the pair together! I was always partial to the Oiled Oak, myself. That's why I got the black ones. Huh?

That makes sense to me......I've always loved Walnut so I bought Oiled Oak....Indifferent

Thanks, it was difficult to wait for the other one. I've done a lot of listening the past couple of days and I really like them. The tweeters are currently stock, so I'd like to drop in the Titanium tweeter diaphrams that were included this weekend, Based on comments in this forum, they should be an improvement. I'm on the lookout for a better amp. I'd like to run my Sonos directly into a tube amp until I decide on a DAC and preamp...looking for a tube power amp that will be a good match...

I"ve had my Cll"s hooked to so many amps I cant even remember them all and they"ve never let me down. Right now I have a pioneer sx1250 hooked to them, seems like they really like the pioneer ss stuff, you will really enjoy those pups.....Roost

Heritage speakers are like super models. Grab them, love them, and never let them go ! I bought a Yamaha M-60 power amp, and I love the sound. Bass can be a little slow and lazy is my only complaint. That's a big rigid woofer to be moving. Maybe upgraded crossovers will help. Congrats. I stole my Chorus IIs for 500 bucks.

post-57260-1381985420179_thumb.jpg

The originals have ports. SOme think ports don't work as well as passives, but i also think it goes back and forth on the idea. The real improvement with the Chorus II is that the mid horn is a tractrix, which sounds better than the exponential used on the original.

Bruce