1985 Cornwall II

Guest Teresa Wright

Guest Teresa Wright

Ok, so I would like to check out the insides of these. The back panels do not come off. So, I was gonna remove the woofer, but, will that damage the seal, or can it just be put back?? Or, should I remove the mid-horn?? I'm just really curious as to what I have, some say 1985 are I's, but the binding post say 1985 Cornwall II, and they have the brown grills. Tags are missing, just wondering what exactly I have here. Thanks for the help

if the backs don't come off you have the 11's and if you can remove the woofer from the front you have the 11's also. late 85 was the switch over from 1 to 11's

go ahead and remove the woofer if you want, you won't hurt anything

Guest Teresa Wright

Well, I tried to remove the woofer, removed all the screws, but it is still intact. Looks like if I try to remove the gasket, it is going to crack and break the seal. I just want to know if maybe they have been upgraded-cuz they sound awesome!! I'm just going to enjoy them, unless I can find someone who knows what they are doing. One more thing, if they have the brown grills, is the finish Oak Oil or something else?? Thanks gurus!! [:)]

• 2 weeks later...

I have 1986 Corn IIs and I recently removed the woofers to change out the crossover caps. There is only a thin foam gasket between the woofer basket and the motor board. Try an old credit or student ID card (not a knife or screwdriver) to prise between the basket and the board. If that doesn't work, try an automotive feeler gauge and gently work around the perimeter. It will pop loose eventually.