KV2, KV3, or RC-3 with KG 5.5

t-man

Ok...how's this for crazy..

Since I feel the speaker is a bit "flat", and not as bright as the mains, is there a way I can boost it?

How about adding a high level input/output passive EQ in between the reciever and the center channel speaker???? Then I could adjust the frequencies to better "hopefully" match my mains. Is this a crazy idea? Perhaps a car audio EQ could do the trick. Has anybody tried something like this?

T-man

• 2 weeks later...

well, sort of along the same lines as this topic, i also have kg 5.5's and was planning on getting the rc-3 based on the matching chart...however, i was doing some reading over the past few days and now have 2 others in mind: ksp c6 and klf-c7. physical size is not that much of a problem, price and availability may be. i can swing the price of the klf-c7 if i wait a week or two longer, the c6 seems to be a bit hard to find. on a similar note, the surrounds. also planned on buying the rs-3's based on the chart, but now am considering ksp s6 or maybe kg3.5's (because i can get a pair cheaper than the rs-3's). i watch a lot of movie in dd and dts, the 5.5's and my sub handle all of my stereo needs. i've thrown a lot out, but any input would be appreciated.

thanks

david

dbngaa, I can tell you exactly what you want to know, but it will be my OPINION.

I used KG5.5's for years.I think they are great speakers.They do tend to be somewhat bright,however.But not nearly as bright to MY

ears as the Reference line.As far as the centers you have named the KLFC7 has that Legend sound (of coarse)that seems to lean toward the low end.Dialogue with the KLFC7 is

not nearly as CLEAR (HT) as the KSPC6 will be.If you read the reviews at www.audioreview.com for instance you will read people speak of CLARITY when speaking of the Premiere center speakers.That clarity is immediately apparent to MY ears.On the other hand the KLFC7 blows your mind with the sheer VOLUME of sound that it gives.You will immediately think that you need to lower your center channel volume as the C7 will easily overplay the 5.5's. So to sum up my opinion, if HT was my primary concern, as far as the center is concerned, I would buy the KSPC6 for the CLARITY, but the KLFC7 would be the better choice if the center comes into play for music (the problem is I have been ruined by the clarity of the C6).

I have not tried the Premiere center with the 5.5's, by the way.Also the C7's bassey? sound seems to work well with the bright upper edge or the 5.5's.Talk to someone at Klipsch about their opinion of the "match" of the C6 and the 5.5's.You cannot go wrong with either of these speakers.They are simply

great speakers.You could do as I did and buy one of each.As far as the surrounds go,go get

the RS3's and be done with it.Hope this helps, Keith

PS-one last thought.The KG5.5's are somewhat

bright to my ears,as I stated earlier.I DEFINITELY KNEW I did not want to add the RC3

to the mix.The KSPC6 offers CLARITY without the crisp upper edge.The KLFC7 offers great sound and blends well with the 5.5's,with a slight loss of detail.You spoke of HT use.If

you go with C6 for HT the dialogue will be unbeatable.Boy it sure hurts to type that,as

I simply love the C7 (its in the box).

I've got a big ol KV4 ( same as KLFC7 in size and 8" woofers) that I'm looking to sell- excellent shape and in the box -maybe save you a few bucks from buying a new KLFC7-I have now officially posted my first post on the klipsch forum!

Kman

• 6 months later...