WTS ONE LASCALA SPLIT (BIRCH RAW) SOLD

scallywagger77

I would like to find a new loving home for only one of my two split La Scala's purchased from the second owner about two years ago. I was looking for a split to go between my pair of LSBL's and ended up with a pair. I am now ready to part with one in order to purchase a pair of KLF 30's advertised on the forum. The cabinets were stained by the original owner but i have found it to be easily removed with light sanding. Anyone reading this that has a need for a well cared for SPLIT or knows of anyone please help. I am truly motivated to sell this single unit before the 30's are gone so I will sell to anyone offering a good home for $500.00.

post-50065-1381985740292_thumb.jpg

Edited by scallywagger77

• 2 weeks later...

My plan to sell one of my splits to partially finance the purchase of a pair of KLF 30s didn't work out so I think I'll keep it, look for another single split to use as center and use the pair I already have for rears giving me five LaScalas with my very respectable Pioneer HMP 100's for surround. All I have to do is find a single split. Thoughts or suggestions as always will be appreciated. Thanks for the interest to all who responded and expressed interest and congrats to all th buyers and sellers who got what they wanted! Enjoy, Larry in chattanooga

My plan to sell one of my splits to partially finance the purchase of a pair of KLF 30s didn't work out so I think I'll keep it, look for another single split to use as center and use the pair I already have for rears giving me five LaScalas with my very respectable Pioneer HMP 100's for surround. All I have to do is find a single split. Thoughts or suggestions as always will be appreciated. Thanks for the interest to all who responded and expressed interest and congrats to all th buyers and sellers who got what they wanted! Enjoy, Larry in chattanooga

Five La Scalas should make for some great surround sound. I recently replaced my Front Left and Right JubScalas with JubScala IIs, and the original La Scalas went to Left and Right Surround duty, replacing the Heresy IIs that had been in those positions. It was a really big improvement!

For excellent surround sound, matching or closely matching speakers are definitely the way to go. [Y]

I've got a DTS demo disc, and once I had the La Scalas in position as surround speakers, replacing the Heresy IIs I'd been using, I clicked on the "ship in the fog firing its guns at Russell Crowe's ship" scene from Master and Commander.

WOW!!! That was what I said when the firing began. I'd been toying with the idea of selling the original La Scalas, since I thought that using speakers like that for surround is pretty extravagant and decadent, but once I heard the difference, those boys were here to stay.

After all, they're here and they're paid for. It's the best use of existing resources, plus the extreme sensitivity of La Scalas and Belles means I'm reducing energy use, and that benefits everyone. It feels good to do my part for the planet.

• 3 weeks later...