Cornwall Universal

Deang

I tried a lot of settings on my Cornwalls. I thought my notes were clear about what I tried but I'm not sure where I settled with stock horns. It looks like I chose 0-3 for 6.0 dB attenuation and left the K77 tweeter at -2 dB.

With Fastrac horns and crites tweeter I set it to X-3 for 9.8 dB attenuation and the tweeter at the loudest setting with 0 attenuation. I ran for a while at -9.0 dB attenuation on the mids but my last setting was 9.8. Seems like a lot of attenuation in retrospect. I think I was playing more rock and probably louder. When I put these back in my Cornwalls I might start back at 9.0 for the mids. However, I might need to talk to you about a little "upgrade" for them first.

I have since bought a notebook that I write all this stuff in so I don't have to depend on keeping track of little pieces of paper.

Since Klipsch now adds room gain into their sensitivity specification, do you base the settings on the new C III or the original 98dB/watt number? Or how about no setting at all and just let the individual dial it in strictly on personal taste, which isn't exactly the best idea either. I would just do -6, but most find that too hot, in fact, that's where Klipsch put the Klipschorn with the AK-2. It doesn't get any easier with the tweeter: the K-77 is supposed be 105dB, but we now know those tweeters varied by as much as 3dB, and Klipsch matched them up in pairs (which is why some people think the CT-125 is too hot while others report it being down quite a bit to what they were used to). I'm surprised more didn't respond, Al says he's sold over 40 of these - thanks Muel.

Dean I can't remember what I had mine set on or I would have responded. I moved them into my la scalas until I can buy something for them and didn't pay attention to where I had them set. I do know after I installed the crites tweeters in them I had to move the loudness up a notch or two on the setting for the tweeters because they seemed a bit more layed back.