Forte II vs Chorus

I understand the concept of toe in but got the idea of no toe for these in here http://www.soundstage.com/greg01.htm   now you are saying toe them in? Standard triangle being farther back the they are apart crossing over a few feet behind your head?  I did notice that the brightness really went away when you turned them up and they come alive, they seem to sound fuller turned up.  I don't really have reflections because I have room treatments.  Thanks again! also is there anywhere I can download the PDF user manual? 

Edited by Anotherforumname

OK I am glad I got advise on this forum and didn't rely on the advise of these so called experts.  I toed them in to my regular speaker status and the difference is night and day. The highs are still a little high but I guess that's just the way they are, nothing you cant get used to not really fatiguing,  You can really hear all the high hat and ride cymbal work by the drummer.  And they sound good at all volumes.  I guess what happened is that not being toed in and the tweeter has a wider dispersion than the mid all you would get are the highs,  Anyway they sound much better now, I am glad to because I was thinking of getting rid of them last night.  

I don't know if I will do anymore upgrades or not, I am at the point where I could get my money out of these and maybe a few dollars more and they sound pretty excellent right now.  

Thanks again everyone. 

As of right now these are in the number two position in my current speaker line up, there is some music I like better on them because of the highs, truly a great speaker. Even as deep as they go I find they still benefit with use of a sub, not too many speakers I have owned suited my tastes without one though. Good thing I have that "sub" base covered.

P1010496_zps128d93ee.jpg

Edited by Anotherforumname
  • Like 2

Oh, you have the disease!  Nice collection, but not enough Klipsch.

Did you try the fortes deep in corners and toed in 45 degrees as suggested in that Dope from Hope link?  Try it.  If you do, you may find you don't need subs at all, or merely for modal smoothing rather than extension/output.

Edited by Ski Bum

Yes, in the corners you will get a TON more bass, I would say almost too much. I prefer my speakers about a foot from the side wall and toed in slightly with the inside corner about 8 inches from the back wall. Each room is different though as is associated equipment and personal taste, best to experiment until you get it right. Point is the Forte II is capable of delivering way too much bass for most music, if you cannot achieve this then something is more than likely not right, positioning etc. Movies of course is a different story where it is always beneficial to run an LFE.

I have had the disease for a long time, lol I have owned hundreds sets of speakers over the years I have owned some KG 5.5's and like the Forte II's better.   Unfortunately  my living room is set up wrong, the right side has no wall at all, none of the speakers I have owned have much bass in here except some Polk SDA SRS 2's and some Infinity quantum line source. It took an act of congress to finally get this arrangement approved with the war department for this, hopefully some day we can buy a house with a basement again and I can have a dedicated listing room and home theater room.  Maybe I will discuss re-arranging the room differently but this seems to work fine with all the different sets of speakers I own.  I did mess around with toe in and found my standard toe in to sound best for me. They are back in the 2.1 ch room and wont be moving or playing with arrangement because of a herniated disc in my back. 

Thanks aging. 

• 4 weeks later...

My most recent find for 20 bucks at a garage sale, needed a re-foam job and one tweeter, also had to re-veneer the tops because of water damage because of plants, arg. P1010651_zps934a249b.jpg

Also I was wondering what would be a good center channel match for these forte II's ? would any with close to the same sensitivity match? Thanks.

• Like 1

I am listening to the Chorus right now in my living room. It is coupled with a McIntosh MA 5100 integrated amplifier, an HH Scott 312 D FM tuner, a Marantz PMD 501 cassette machine and my Technics SP 25 motor with an Audio-Technica ATP 16-T tonearm and Stanton 680 EL cartridge mounted in a custom plinth. The speakers have the Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms installed. Very nice sounding system with all music. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...