Reduction of Alzheimer's symptoms!

tube fanatic

It is an interesting presentation. What makes this useful is that any positive effects seem to come in short order. So it can be tried and assessed for utility in a short time frame. What is missing is a serious dose response type of study. How much of what active ingredient will produce what level of desired results? Does the body develop dose dependency requiring higher dosages to obtain continuing results? Honestly I dislike these kinds of magic bullet presentations. They become money fodder for charlatans. In this case, however, the product already exists and it remains relatively cheap. It would be easy and safe and inexpensive enough to try. As with anything caution should prevail. I'd not eat gallons of the stuff. Hard to say how much to use. It reportedly has its own flavor and unique oiliness. Some people find it rather unpalatable.

Spoke with a more knowledgeable friend regarding this. She related what sorta makes sense. There are no shortages of alzheimers victims and none who would refuse any treatment that would improve their situations. And this just does not wash out as one might hope. Most cities will have nursing homes with a secured unit that is dedicated to care for these types of infirmities. If, as shown here, this worked so easily and so well - it would be cheap and easy to treat them en masse by supplementing their dietary intake. They eat what they are fed. But, alas, it is not to be. Unfortunately.

I don't think this is presented as a cure........if it was I misunderstood..It's info to use and decide for ones self if it has worth, that's all......

I agree with Fish. The unfortunate side of the assertion made in the video is that coconut isn't patentable and therefore of no interest to the medical/pharmaceutical industry (except as noted by the researcher studying ketones who lamented the lack of funding.) I know many physicians who are so dogmatic that they wouldn't even remotely consider trying to give their Alzheimer's patients a few tablespoons of coconut oil per day to see what happens (it isn't a medication, so it can't possibly do anything........) Information like this should be blasted across the world-wide news media, but of course that will never happen. If even 1% of Alzheimer's patients improved to the point of being able to return home, think of the financial loss to hospitals and other institutions which care for them.

I don't think this is presented as a cure........if it was I misunderstood..It's info to use and decide for ones self if it has worth, that's all......

No....... I did not interpret that way either. A quick review indicates that those who support the approach feel it is a akin to a daily dosing type of treatment. But you'll notice there is no dosing info as to how much or how often. And they describe no reproducible degrees of objective results. It comes down to the testimonials - although the testimony of a neonatologist is quite compelling. Maybe in time they will define a key active ingredient and will derive provable treatments based upon such experiences. For now it is just all sloppy herbalesque medicine. The silver lining is that it looks like there no harm in trying. Nobody is hawking the stuff on TV as a new miracle fixative - I really abhor that.

Empirically this actually does make some sense. Ketones are part of what the body does when it digests fats instead of carbohydrates. People on low carb diets get into various states of ketosis when losing weight. People with untreated type1 diabetes can get very far into ketosis because insulin is required for normal carbohydrate metabolism (this can be serious). So, if you consider that Alzheimers victims are not carb starved and are not typically undiagnosed diabetics then they have an unused and perhaps untapped brain metabolic pathway for ketones. If supplemented with dietary ketones they may actually recruit some brain cells not working full tilt or not at all???? They could demonstrate some improvement. But, again, how much, how often, how long does it last (non volatile ketones are passed in the urine), etc, etc....... Are some patients better candidates? Could this slow the process of progressive dementia? Are there indirect pathways accessed?

With the newer brain scan techniques this can be directly studied. I hope someone is investigating.

I have to agree about tumeric, really good and proven over time. I could do without the yellow stains, lol. Investigating does sound like a good idea, but not much of a money maker for drug companies???

Coconut oil is converted directly to glucose by the liver.

People with type O blood can also convert fat to glucose in their intestines.

By RBD coconut oil if you don't like the taste, it's also much less money. $6 a quart at Wally-World.

Alzheimers has also been linked to high blood sugar, levels below what are considered diabetic have been found to increase the risk considerably (18% higher with a BGL of only 100, IIRC).

Alzheimers has also been linked to high blood sugar, levels below what are considered diabetic have been found to increase the risk considerably (18% higher with a BGL of only 100, IIRC).

The link between "pre-type II" blood glucose levels and all sorts of cognitive impairment has been known for some time by medical community.

Anyone with a 12h fasting BGL at or slightly above 100 is looking at type-II within a few years.

The cure? dropping 20% of your body weight within a year and keeping it off for ever so your pancreas can heal. Need to get "unaddicted" to food..