My pictures of the main viewing area....

hwatkins

Finally figured a way to ship pictures.

Web1 is a view from behind main viewing area - Heresy II's in each ceiling corner of the cabinet, SVS 20-39PCi in left corner.

Web2 is the SVS

Web3 is my marvel of engineering - placing the Heresy in my ceiling - these are the side speakers and are generally directly overhead from where I took the Web1 picture. These are beautiful, look built in and didn't cause a divorce as was the original scare.

Have fun.

------------------

Hwatkins

quote:

Originally posted by John Albright:

I REALLY like the rear channels!

John

Ditto!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I too REALLY like those rear speakers! Biggrin.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TX-36P500X (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Arcam DV88

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Yes - the design is custom, however, I built it when I had an older center - would do differently now, but I will experiment with a box for heresy tweeter and squawker before redoing the cabinet. If you notice, the TV insert is ready for a larger TV, and I raised the TV so the sound would be a better match for HT and give me the corners for music.

The Heresy in the ceiling (originally purchased in 1980) are the sides - I have some infinity minis in the nook to the right and behind the ceiling speakers.

40+ lbs. working in an attic with one near an eave was an adventure. I custom made brackets to set inside the joists to hold speakers with the joist as a support (3/4" plywood, 2x4 overhanging joists with long bolts and nuts for tensioning), then I simply set the angle with furring strips glued and screwed to the speaker.

It is a very pleasant room, still lacking, but the open areas seem to actually enhance the bass and the Heresy make a great fill.

------------------

Hwatkins

It makes me jeaulous to see someone hack into their own ceiling, drive screws into apparently virgin Heresys and make it come out looking like a piece of art!! Well done.

Dan

------------------

Danartdis system

HK AVR 500

Heresy mains

Heresy rears

Academy center

JBL 4638"sub"woofer

PE 250 watt sub amp

Thanks for all the nice words, but I think a thing of beauty is John Albright's LaScala overhaul - both back to basics electronics and the satin, slide right off finish. One must never forget to look at Ed's tiger and set up. There are so many good things done by you folks - and you continue to be my inspiration - to make your audio as pretty as it sounds.

It really is amazing how we can get so into this - it is so nice to have friends on the lunatic fringe...

Oh, by the way, I really do like the way my setup sounds.

------------------

Hwatkins