Trying To ID La Scala's Woofers

theoman

Well, I picked up a pair of La Scala's today still in the box with extra woofers. i can't figure out the difference between the subs it came with. k-43 88-44 are in the boxes and K-43-EPs are in the cabinets.what are K-43-EPs. bear with me I'm a newbie.

post-57478-0-63800000-1385698674_thumb.j

Edited by theoman

Those are pro series woofers, the La Scala's should have Klipsch K-33's in them the 43's add increased power handling at the expense of some bass loss. The K-44 was not designed for the La Scala but it would probably work. Not sure about the S-43's they are not a stock option.

You may want to call Klipsch service and see if that is just a new name for the K-43 woofers. Forget the extra power handling aspect, you won't need it. However, being a Klipschorn and LaScala owner of many since 1977 (brand new then) I can tell you the K-43 has superior midrange and midbass response over the K-33 which tries to stretch the weak low end of the LaScala via resonance. It's a reasonable compromise, but a compromise nonetheless.

If I were you I would make sure those are K-43's with a new name, then put them in the LaScalas, You can then sell the extra drivers on Ebay or here, and built or buy a THT subwoofer. I'm an electrical engineer with and I have been building/tweaking speakers/commercial sound systems since I was 12.Take advantage of my laborious Research and Development and free advice.

the newer subs are in the LaScala's and were purchased in 2003. heres the marking on the box.

i'm wondering why the guy replaced them. they sound great. now that I look at them they are both K43's the newer one are EP's. One side of box says K 43 E and other says K 43 E.

post-57478-0-24320000-1385757801_thumb.jpost-57478-0-03200000-1385757777_thumb.j

Edited by theoman