POWER TOOLS!

tigerwoodKhorns

I was thinking about this over the weekend. The Makita drills were worth the extra $ over the Dewalt. A bunch of reviews said that teh Dewalt drills jump to about 1/4 or 1/2 speed then throttle to there. The Makita drills have great control all the way to zero. No jumping and the feel of the button is nice a smooth, not hard to get the speed exactly where you want it.

This really helped when driving Kreg screws.

I have never had that problem? I have had good luck with all my battery powered impact drivers and drills by several different makers. The $89 deal just broke at midnight so thought I would share it if anybody wanted a set of these tools for under $90.00. An interesting note: When at the races a couple of weeks ago I saw at least 3 different Indy Car teams using the 1/2" Dewalt impact guns to mount/remove the wheel nuts on the race cars. Couldn't they buy anything?

For what it's worth I think the battery powered Ingersoll Rand impact offerings are the best available right now.

Edited by JL Sargent

I have never had that problem? I have had good luck with all my battery powered impact drivers and drills by several different makers. The $89 deal just broke at midnight so thought I would share it if anybody wanted a set of these tools for under $90.00. An interesting note: When at the races a couple of weeks ago I saw at least 3 different Indy Car teams using the 1/2" Dewalt impact guns to mount/remove the wheel nuts on the race cars. Couldn't they buy anything?

For what it's worth I think the battery powered Ingersoll Rand impact offerings are the best available right now.

Sorry,

I was looking at corded drills. For soem reason the corded Dewalts jump to an RPM. I think they are designed that way to save the coils.

And thansk for the link, nice to have these things posted.

I was looking at corded drills. For soem reason the corded Dewalts jump to an RPM. I think they are designed that way to save the coils.

It's odd that you say that. I've had a corded Dewalt for several years. The progressive trigger has always been smooth and infinitely adjustable with trigger position. About 2 months ago it started jumping as you describe. I tried cleaning the trigger contacts to no avail. It's almost like an on/off trigger now but hasn't always been that way.

I went by the reviews on Amazon. I was looking at a 3/8 drill and a 1/2 low RPM drill around Christmas time. The Makitas were quite a bit more but it seemed worth it for the precise control.

I've got some good tools and some crap. The Makitas fall into the good tool classification