Klipsch Epic-CF4

ksvp

Hello all! Last year my wonderful, very musically gifted uncle passed away and I inherited his complete sound system (Klipsch Epic-CF4 speakers, Anthem TLP1, Adcom GFA 5500, Adcom Ace 515, Adcom GCD 700 and an Adcom GDA 600 for the stereo equipment) I KNOW it was well loved by him and I know there is someone else out there that could give it a better home than I. Unfortunately I have no idea where to begin, I don't know what a fair price for ANY of the items would be and I don't know the best way to sell them (Craigslist?) Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have pictures of everything if that helps!

Welcome!

Yes pictures are a great help. Sounds like a nice setup. Sort of difficult to put prices on other's items but, there is no better place to start I suppose.

Good Fortune

Location and condition along with willingness to ship items are some of the qualifiers. Condition, the pictures will help to show.

Here are a few pictures I just took, I am in the Saint Louis, MO area but do some traveling so I could potentially meet someone who was in the surrounding areas. I would be willing to ship if necessary. Thank you so much for any help you can give, I was super excited to find this forum!

Katie

post-57687-0-80820000-1386542819_thumb.j

post-57687-0-08340000-1386542843_thumb.j

post-57687-0-56460000-1386542864_thumb.j

post-57687-0-26100000-1386542888_thumb.j

For the Klipsch aficionado, determining the version of the CF-4 can be important. One of the easiest way to do this is the depth of the ports at the front, bottom of the cabinet. If the depth is around 6", they are the more desirable version 1 or possibly version 2. If the depth is around 2.5", it is a later version. They are great speakers, just not as coveted as the version 1. Overall condition is very important as well. I know of a pair of CF-4 version 3's that were in mint condition that sold for a tick over $1000 in Chico, CA about 6 months ago. As for the other audio gear, I would check current and expired "Fleabay" auctions. It can give you a general idea what people are paying for that equipment. Good luck, that is some nice equipment you have there.

Hi Katie, welcome to the forum and I’m really sorry about your uncle. To expedite the why you’re here: time of year and how fast you need them to move will also play a part in the sale. As Billy said: the willingness to ship will make a difference. Quite often, thEbay has a large crowd of shoppers and you might fetch a better price. FYI: the system you have is nice and it took a lot on coinage to buy. The down side is there aren’t very many people with the desire, $ and neighbors far enough away to let these cut-loose and sing like they were designed to.

I hope this helps, you should be able to see past sales….

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/146544-question-re-epic-cf4-speakers/#entry1663434

Thank you jweber, it was a hard loss but I have to say your assessment of his equipment was evidently pretty spot on, he had a house just far enough away from neighbors probably just so he could really enjoy this system! Made me smile to get a glimpse into his world, so thank you. I am in no real hurry to sell, I just know this system could be used by someone who loves it like my uncle did.

Katie

• Moderators

Hi Katie, welcome to the Klipsch Community. I'm truly sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing.

I just did a quick Ebay search to give you a rough idea of possible value of some of the items.

Klipsch Epic-CF4 speakers (The CF-4's are much more difficult to price but I have owned them, they are great speakers. I sold my CF-4's in February of this year for $700.)

Anthem TLP1 - This one sold on Ebay for $110 but was for Parts / Not Working. The remote and manual sold for $70.

Adcom GFA 5500 (selling anywhere from $200 - $500 on Ebay)

Adcom Ace 515 (selling anywhere from $15 - $100 on Ebay)

Adcom GCD 700 (selling anywhere from $50 - $150 on Ebay)

Adcom GDA 600 (selling between $200 - $230 on Ebay)

If you decide on pricing, feel free to list the items here in the Garage Sale and you might have some interest from the Klipsch Community.

I hope that helps.

Michael

Edited by Youthman

Michael,

So helpful! Thank you for taking the time to help, there are a lot of things in this world I know about but unfortunately I have NO idea about any of this. I seriously had to ask what most of the equipment even was! I will absolutely re-post these to see if anyone on here has any interest, thank you again for your help!!

Katie

• 3 weeks later...