am i being over ambitious? NEED ADVICE on CINEMA Speaker

Scrappydue

ok all i am debating the klipsch cinema stuff. i am looking at a few different models. the kpt-325, KPT-335, KPT-435, and the KPT-942. the pricing is really not a factor. if i buy the 942's it will happen slower. if i buy say the 335, it will happen faster.

so i guess what i am looking for is not a "yeah they are gonna be awesome"

i am looking for answers that are technical facts like the 942 horn and woofers will not sound right because you are xx feet away from them.

basically i am wanting to know if any or none of these will work in my space.

my room currently is 12 feet wide and 23 feet in length. the ceiling is like 7 feet 2 inches i believe. i have a false wall so behind it need to fit three speakers and 4 subwoofers. the subs aint going anywhere. there is two stacks of subs. 23 inches is their width. so i believe i could fit all three 942's and the stacks of subs but it will be tight. but like i said if 942's absolutely will not work in my space i have no desire to try them. although the 402 horn seems to be the end of the road. only driver upgrades on it seem to be left IF I DESIRE.

so bring on the comments guys.

Edited by Scrappydue

I have some 904-LF bins which would be under the 402's in a 942, and they are tall. I'm not sure what the axis height is, but it seems like it may be well above your audience, unless you lay the bins on their sides. The mount points on the bins is on top. I have heard from people who have turned the 904 bins on their sides for a center channel, and they say it's fine.

You can buy the KPT-402 with the driver and the passive for two way for about a grand each. You cannot buy the 402 alone unless you buy them from the guy who makes Jubes, I think. KPT-904-LF's are a bit under 900 each.

I say this to everyone who will listen, the best thing I ever did was move into the cinema line. I had a pair of KPT435-N, with a behind the screen crossover. I purchased the full frequency crossover from the KPT-4350-MS and it sounds right now with the proper crossover. IMO, your upgrade options are greater with the cinema line.

I have turned the 904LF on its side and used it as a centre channel, sounds very nice. I have also tried my 335HF section on top of my Jubilee Bins.

I'd say make the jump.

In my space, the horn loaded LaScalas and THT are better than the KPT stuff. I can't speak for smaller spaces, however. I've been watching, and as the prices have been going up on corns, heresy's, chorus, and khorns, the prices of LS have actually been going down slightly. Now might be the time to buy...

In my space, the horn loaded LaScalas and THT are better than the KPT stuff. I can't speak for smaller spaces, however. I've been watching, and as the prices have been going up on corns, heresy's, chorus, and khorns, the prices of LS have actually been going down slightly. Now might be the time to buy...

wow that's weird. I would think it would be the exact opposite. What all kpt stuff do you have again mustang? Just the double 15" bin?

wow that's weird. I would think it would be the exact opposite. What all kpt stuff do you have again mustang? Just the double 15" bin?

2 kpt684's, 3 kpt-904's, bunches of kpt-200's.

I wouldn't think this is the norm in most rooms.

Right. My room is definitely not like other's here that I am aware of. Two of my speakers are actually 75' apart and the ceiling height is between 24' at the eves to 26' at the ridge. My shop has concrete floors, metal beams, and sheetrock walls. Nothing I have tried works as well for me as the lascala system.

Right. My room is definitely not like other's here that I am aware of. Two of my speakers are actually 75' apart and the ceiling height is between 24' at the eves to 26' at the ridge. My shop has concrete floors, metal beams, and sheetrock walls. Nothing I have tried works as well for me as the lascala system.

Wow, that is MASSIVE! How much seating do you have?

What are you trying to achieve that you dont feel you are getting with what you currently have?

i am looking for some speakers that will satisfy me in spl not only in my current room but in whatever house I move to next. The 942 is made for a 400 seat theater. They should be perfect. Also I am looking for that HUGE CINEMA SOUND. Think that 402 horn is gonna give it to me. Lastly I miss the musicality of my rf-63 theater. I'm hoping the kpt stuff would sound as good or better than my Cornwalls. I could be wrong. They may be terrible for music and if so then I'll stop considering them right now. But so many have the 402's in music and live them. Now they may all have the 2,000$ tad drivers and that could happen one day as well. We shall see. Otherwise the JTR noesis or diy will be the way I am gonna go.