What Part of This is Political?

Taz

Can someone tell me what is Political about the following?

I have had to press "1" to speak English on the telephone.

I have personally bought a meal for a homeless diabetic because he had not eaten that day.

My grandmother refused to pay the price of some medications. She was a stubborn person who refused to be ripped off. She prefered to live a frugal but comfortable life before she died. Some of the elderly just cannot afford their medications. If they are lucky the Pharmacy will point them out to programs that can help them with the cost of their medications.

I have a cousin the same age as I am that goes without mental health treatment and mental health medications. I love him just the same!

I have worked in a Veterans Hospital and talked with veterans who have told me of what they have had to do for want of proper equipment.

I know a Veteran who came to our hospital, was sent by our Veterans hospital by ambulance 70 miles to another hospital because he was having the beginnings of a stroke. Our Veterans Hospital called him while in this other hospital and told him that if he did not leave immediately he would be responsible for all the costs of his care.

They did call him the next day and told him they would cover the cost of his care.

This gentleman had 95% blockage of his carotid arteries, both of them.

I don't know how many billions of dollars we donate to other countries. Some of which don't appear to like us very much. But they do like to receive our money.

We do have people in this country that could use some help. In all fairness 'We also have some that have the I am entitled mentality.' I have personally been burned to the tune of thousands of dollars due to some people with the entitled mentality

I have talked with a gentleman that was so grateful that I would give him my soda can instead of throwing it in the trash, so he could get the deposit. I gave him a bag full of soda cans I had in my car and he was even more grateful. I felt bad that I did not do more for him.

So can someone tell me what is political about what I have written? Please tell me if you know. No political arguments or anything like that. Just tell me what is political about this.

John

• Like 1

• Moderators

I guess it depends on who the "we" is referring to. We the government of the United States? Political. We as individuals? Corporations? Non profit charitable organizations? Not political.

It actually doesn't matter. All it takes is one person on this thread to start ranting about the implied politics of your post and the entire thing degrades into a nasty debate that very few people enjoy finding on an audio forum.

I guess it depends on who the "we" is referring to. We the government of the United States? Political. We as individuals? Corporations? Non profit charitable organizations? Not political.

It actually doesn't matter. All it takes is one person on this thread to start ranting about the implied politics of your post and the entire thing degrades into a nasty debate that very few people enjoy finding on an audio forum.

Wow... All that and on a Friday night.... "Top Notch"

• Moderators

Valentines Day, no less!! ;)

• Like 1

Valentines Day, no less!! ;)

Amen...

On Valentines Day,,,,,How about loving thy neighbors,

I feel the need to love the neighbors all year round. That does not mean I have not Pissed Off the Neighbors a time or two.

I have to admit I have apologised to the neighbors more then once. And may feel the need in the future.

We have given food to some kids that were still living in their house after their dad died until they moved. Nobody around here needs to go hungry.

We have let a school age person in to use the phone to call home because the bus did not come, then my wife gave her a ride home when her stepmother would not come get her. We were having freezing weather and she had waited for the bus for over an hour and was certainly cold.

I have been over to the neighbors in the middle of the night more then once to check on suspicious activity. No complaints about the pistol sticking out of my pocket, but a hand shake as I left. We look out for each other around here.

We are not perfect. In fact far from it. But it is a good neighborhood to live in.

John

• Like 2

• Moderators

We should all do our part to help others in need. I would never dispute that, and have certainly done my part. I just don't believe a discussion about personal philosophies of the governments role in compelling us to do so is appropriate here.

I don't mind bowling in other peoples shoes, but I refuse to put my fingers in their balls.

Sometimes i think you need help.

Normally though i just laugh my A$$ off :D

Politics: I don't see no stinking politics, I wish i lived in your neighborhood john. Everyone around me is so busy being PC they have no time for people, or Reality

• Like 1

We should all do our part to help others in need. I would never dispute that, and have certainly done my part. I just don't believe a discussion about personal philosophies of the governments role in compelling us to do so is appropriate here.

OK. Lets leave the government out of it. Probably better that way. :)

John

• Like 1

The straight up definition would be to explain helping other requires compassion "bowling in their shoes", but not applying a cover of political/religious over tones with that giving or statements about giving would be "putting my fingers in their ball holes (as in I would borrow their bowling ball).

Anyway compassionate statements can be phrased with political connotations for sure. Statements taken out of context are easy to manipulate.

Cheers

• Like 1

The straight up definition would be to explain helping other requires compassion "bowling in their shoes", but not applying a cover of political/religious over tones with that giving or statements about giving would be "putting my fingers in their ball holes (as in I would borrow their bowling ball).

Anyway compassionate statements can be phrased with political connotations for sure. Statements taken out of context are easy to manipulate.

Cheers

I was privileged to go to Ecuador to assist with repair of cleft lips and palates once. Non religious or political agenda.

Does this mean by your definition that I had my fingers where I'd prefer they not be? Kinda having trouble wrapping my mind around your statement.

Y'know.......... I'd think that any manufacturer that sells retail would see the connection between a vibrant economy and their own bottom line. Granted these forums are not the best places to discourse on such controversial topics. Still they are interconnected. This hobby requires a certain degree of disposable income as well as the dedication and the interests. So the churning of related issues is not all that untoward. Political decisions are being made that impact all of us and Klipsch as well.

And, generally speaking, if the country wants to provide social support systems a la Sweden, etc............. fine so be it. Then, like Sweden, etc...... we cannot be the worlds policeman either. There are only so many dollars to go around without having to leverage them against future incomes.

• Like 1