kv-4 vs klf c-7

cedarway

the kv-4 has always got excellent ratings from what i have read & is supposed to be a great match to the older klipsch heritage, kg & klf series. never heard a c-7 but the kv-4 is a nice sounding center, almost bougt one back in the 90's but went with a kv-3 due to the cost. heard its better than the acedemy, & pretty hard to come by.

I've had both. When I bought my KLF 30's in 1996 the dealer sold me a KV4. For years I thought it was great, and it was actually a very good speaker but it was not until I found out that the perfect match was a KLF C7 (on this very forum) and actually obtained one just what I was missing. Bottom line is get the KLF C7. It should pretty easy to find one.

Now that KV4 is a monster mofo of a center channel and if you can get one get it, esp. if it's at a good price. They are somewhat hard to come by so you can easily flip it.

• Like 1

I had the same setup for a long time and it was really good. As long as you don't know what your missing no problem, right?

A very true statement. I really did not know what I was missing before I jumped from an RC-62 to an RC-64. Now I do.

Bill

Can't comment on the 4, but I can tell you that the C-7 is a terrific center and it's sonically matched with the 30's. I can't believe that a speaker which is not a match would be better. I have an all KLF HT. I previously used Synergy surrounds and center and was never very pleased with the system, except for the 30's. I couldn't believe the difference after I added the C-7 as the center and KLF-10's as the surrounds/rears.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably well after the fact, but, my OPINION, anyway. I have 30s as my mains, and 20s as my surrounds, w/ the KV-4 center. I think the KV-4 sounds fantastic and is very well matched w/ the KLF-30s and KLF-20s! Now, I do not claim to have the experience or the knowledge of many of the posters here (and probably not the trained ear of some), but, as they say, "The perfect is the enemy of the (even) extraordinarily good." For those compelled to accommodate some compromise and seize an opportunity, you can still be very happy!

Edited by JiminSTL