Gloomy Day and just had to Play

minermark

These are a couple of the JBLs, first time fired up, cut the squaker feed on the Crites and feeding the JBL from that.

Do not know what im going to do with these yet, but I just HAD to try this.

Have not cleaned these up yet, wanted to audition first, just about ready to pump them up.

So far, Dead crystal clear.

These Funky weird little stands came with these horns, I mean, hey, they are behind the curtains so who cares right? I figure that is what they must have been thinking, because the hardware is cool but I mean come on, how hard is it to cut a piece of plywood ?

I don't know who installs these things but they need to go BACK to wood shop.

These are now pics of the EVs wile im running them, JBLs are resting.......

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

These are a couple of the JBLs, first time fired up, cut the squaker feed on the Crites and feeding the JBL from that.

Have not cleaned these up yet, wanted to audition first, just about ready to pump them up.

Next to the 402's, they are the best horn out there. Had mine for a few years. A very close second, also it the EV 9060. It will be close. Both need some PEQ and shelving, but should make for a killer 2-way with 500 Hz. Xover.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

Next to the 402's, they are the best horn out there. Had mine for a few years. A very close second, also it the EV 9060. It will be close. Both need some PEQ and shelving, but should make for a killer 2-way with 500 Hz. Xover.

Cleaning up a pair of 9040s at this moment, they all have the DH1A driver on them @8 Ohms, should have them in place in an hour or so.

Also have a pair on Ebay right now. 3 bones.

Edited by minermark

Cleaning up a pair of 9040s at this moment, they all have the DH1A driver on them @8 Ohms, should have them in place in an hour or so.

DH1A's are 6 ohms with the original diaphragms.

That is exactly what is stated on the name plate, sure work well pumping 8 into them.

They state a min of 6, and two others say 8 ohms.

Edited by minermark

"Next to the 402's, they are the best horn out there. Had mine for a few years. A very close second, also it the EV 9060. It will be close."

The best, really? I don't think Roy has ever proclaimed the 402 as the best. Maybe I missed it? Maybe you meant the best Klipsch mid horn.