Must you be certified as a jerk to sell on Craigslist?

eth2

The worst is when you agree on a price and the person shows up light intentionally to try and knock you down.

I know what you mean. I sold a pair of speakers and we had agreed on a price. The guy gets here and says he only has a certain amount (forget how much he was short). I told him where the closest ATM was. He thought I was joking. At that point, it wasn't about the money, it was about making my point. He left, went and withdrew some money, came back and purchased the speakers at the price we had originally agreed on. I'm all for negotiating but don't jerk me around....I don't play games.

Some college kid made a fuss about having to drive too far, so I met him closer to his location. Kept asking if he could test it out at the Starbucks we were meeting at. He showed up late with a buddy of his, he didn't bring the little TV to test like he said, and then made it out that I was trying to sell him a broken PS3. After I called :pwk_bs: he handed me the cash, acting a bit shifty, and started to box up the PS3 while I counted... he was $10 short. By that time my patience was shot and I began to pitch a fit in the middle of the Starbucks. He acted offended and asked me if I was really going to make a big deal over $10. I said "you're DAMN right I am!" even louder than before. I snatched the PS3 and went out to my car. He followed me out apologetically and insisted it was all he had but wanted to make a deal. I told him to go find an ATM and pay up the agreed price, in very un-Christian language.

I left with my full cash amount and he likely didn't learn anything. That was my one and only negative CL experience out of 25+ deals.

I always pack heat.

Mentholatum or Ben ***?

Guess you can't use the word that starts with G and rhymes with "hay."

Political correctness taken to the extreme!

You must learn to accept and condone that which you may not understand. A few decades from now you will be expected to participate willingly in activities that may seem queer to you now.

Keith

I always pack heat.

Mentholatum or Ben ***?

Guess you can't use the word that starts with G and rhymes with "hay."

Political correctness taken to the extreme!

You must learn to accept and condone that which you may not understand. A few decades from now you will be expected to participate willingly in activities that may seem ***** to you now.

Keith

He wasn't being ignorant. He was referencing a product..

0007430000536_500X500.jpg

Yesterday, I was trying to get a Marantz 2385 that was listed on CL. Today, I checked to see if it was still listed.

I found this instead:

"re:purchased Marantz 2385 (Kentucky)
Hey to the guy that sold me that busted Marantz 2385 receiver,I bet you knew that one channel was weak and didn't say anything. I wondered why you only played it at low volume and when I said I wanted to crank it,you said your Mom was asleep in the next room. What a crock of crap. Now the whole left channel is so weak even with the balance turned way to the left it's so weak you can hardly hear it. Also there is a hot smell when it's been on for more than 30 minutes. You said you could help me get it fixed if anything ever went wrong. Well...plenty is going wrong and I don't like the looks of the way things are going with this old of a receiver. Locally I have found problems with service techs saying that some of the proprietary Marantz circuitry is very hard to find,especially after about 25 plus years since it was made. You have NOT returned my calls,but took my money. Contact me on this ASAP. What a turd this receiver turned out to be!"

Hope this isn't one of ya'll