secondary theatre ideas

Cosmic_surfer

I have recently been looking at speakers that I could put in my smallish living room area. I probably will do a 5.1 system and keep it simple. I am interested in getting the RSX-5 speakers (4) some center that is compatible with them, and a subwoofer. Does anyone here have any experience with the RSX-5s? I did some google searches but found only 1 pair on ebay that included a pair of RSX-4 for around $300 shipped. Seems pretty hard to find in the market today. Any recommendations?

as someone who has a second theater in the living room, i can assure you you can go small, but if you have a big theater, small wont last long. no matter how hard i try to talk my self into wanting to put small stuff in the living room, some reference towers always seem to make their way back in. i currently have some rsx's in silver that i was planning to put in the living room but i am about to give that idea up and sell them. well the satellites anyway. the center was given to me by a forum member so i would do the same and pass on the good karma to another forum member if i do get rid of them. god luck on your search they are getting harder to find for sure

Well I would probably take them. I must say i don't know how i would put any rear speakers on my setup since the couch is against the wall. I can angle a few on the sides though. I picked up two rsx-4 on ebay yesterday for $68 shipped so I have already pulled the trigger. Just need to finish it off.

My couch is almost against the wall, maybe 8" or so off to clear my adjustable sound confuser ( vertical blinds) I originally had my quintets hanging from the ceiling. Worked well. Now I have the ksf 8.5s against the back wall facing each other on either side of the couch. I know it's not ideal but it still works. My room is wider than long due to the layout of wall openings.

For a TV room, the Synergy line are OK and are pretty inexpensive on the used market. Not top shelf but better than most anything in a big box store. I think I bought a 5.1 setup for $400 a few years ago, it could have been a little less. Since then, I have replaced the towers with Fort'e 1s and the SC1 is a pretty good match too. It is all we could ever want for a TV setup. The HT is another matter entirely in the next room.

Well I would probably take them. I must say i don't know how i would put any rear speakers on my setup since the couch is against the wall. I can angle a few on the sides though. I picked up two rsx-4 on ebay yesterday for $68 shipped so I have already pulled the trigger. Just need to finish it off.

were they silver or black?

Well I got my 2 rsx-4s in yesterday. The seller packed them beautifully and they look near mint (very minor scuffing on the cases and dust covers are a little dusty). Overall I am very impressed. I had seen an rsx satellite years ago when I was first introduced to klipsch. But the memory was vague and did not do justice to the rsx. These satellites are huge in comparison to the boxed theatre sets at walmart. One of these could easily equal 2 or even 3 of those speakers. It is very sleekly designed and well thought out. Mounting them will be easy since the foot of each satellite has a cover plate that reveals screw holes for mounting. I have yet to listen to them, but for $68 shipped this pair was a steal! Now if I can just track down 4-5 other rsx speakers to surround myself in haha.

Well I got my 2 rsx-4s in yesterday. The seller packed them beautifully and they look near mint (very minor scuffing on the cases and dust covers are a little dusty). Overall I am very impressed. I had seen an rsx satellite years ago when I was first introduced to klipsch.

The RSX-4's really are very nice little speakers as well as all in the RSX and RVX line. Very well built. I have owned my RVX-42 LCR's and a pair of RSX-4's for about seven years and have been more than pleased. An excellent bedroom 5.1 system. I also owned two other RSX-4s and an RCX-4 but sold them to a buddy of mine a couple of years ago.

Bill