Chorus 2's For sale "Sold"

Speed

• 1 month later...

I might be biased but I believe the Chorus II to be the best Klipsch offering under the Klipschorn, and even that is by a slim margin if any. Good luck with your sale!

can you be more specific - for the ones who have never heard a Chorus II - That is my case anyway - what does the Chorus II have above the CW or scala

I've found the Chorus II's to be less "shrilly" and much smoother overall than any stock Heritage speaker I've heard, especially at higher volumes. The bass on the Chorus II's will also beat them hands down, even the K-Horn. I've heard 4 different sets of K-Horns, 1 of them fully "Hot Rodded" with the volti horn, huge coiled crossovers and new tweeters etc and while those actually did sound "better" than my Chorus II's they still didn't have the bass response. I remember leaving that day after listening to several SACD tracks on a full McIntosh system with a huge grin on my face. Yeah, dudes stereo was extremely impressive with the blackest background I've ever witnessed allowing for great depth in the soundstage but I felt I wasn't that far off with mine. My smile even grew wider when I did a little math and realized that the guy had more money just in the "upgrades" to his K-Horns than I had in my entire system, including my computer and 50" Plasma.

I've always heard the Klipschorn was supposed to have really good bass but I've never experienced it, at least not as compared to the Chorus II's.

Anyway, if you listen exclusively at low volumes or nearfield you have a great number of options when selecting a speaker. I find its hard to find a speaker that sounds great at low volume and continues to sound great all the way up to concert level sounds and impact without breaking apart. The Chorus II's can do all of this in stride.

• Like 1

I would use the Chorus II's in the rear and a trio of La Scala's in the front.  They will reinforce the bass in the rear similar to the way my Cornwall's do.  I have used all the Heritage big boys (Belle's, La Scala's) in the rear and favor the Cornwall's.  I have Heresy's as side surrounds and front effects speakers.  I would try Chorus II's if I could ever locate a pair in my general area. 

Just a thought.

I want 5 La Scala's, I know. I'm crazy

Not crazy at all, I have 3 pair of Chorus II, 3 pair of La Scala, plus a pair each of Belle and Klipschorn (and more than a few more listed in my signature below).

Have you found the 5 La Scala or are you buying new?

Good luck with your sale.

And that is only in his smaller listening area!

• Like 1