Klipsch Brochures...Copyrights?

Have noticed an increase in auctions on eBay for sale of Klipsch Brochure Photocopies. Are their brochures not copyright protected?

Would think Klipsch would maintain exclusive legal rights for reproduction. Here's a Link to a current auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1367621886&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

And $10 to start, for photo copies. yea ok.

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Velodyne V-1012-B

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

Mark is spot on here, selling photocopy is a copyright infringment and a Felony. ebay turns a blind eye to this! I suspect that one day, a company like a GE is going to get pissed at this sort of thing and put these *cockroaches* were they belong.

Copyrights and Trademarks are property. As long as the assignee exists, so too does the Copyright. They can *survive* for centuries.

One other thing, the assignee can change hands, so just becasue Univeristy Loudspeakers went out of business don't think you can sell those UL brochure photocopies, Electro-Voice is the assignee.

This message has been edited by John Warren on 07-19-2002 at 06:40 PM

At least on the Klipsch hand outs I've seen, there is no copyright notice. That used to be fatal to protection the old copyright act. The material goes into the public domain. That is no longer quite true today and the material could get protection.

On the other hand, I'd think that the author of an advertisement has no intention of stopping circulation of copies. Rather, they'd encourage it! That is what advertisements are for.

Gil

Yeah, I don't think Klipsch is going to nail the "OUT OF BUSINESS" sign on their building from a thrid party selling PHOTOCOPIES of a BROCHUER!

It doesn't affect them in any real way. They could never justify a lawyer for a PERSON (not even a business of any signifigance) selling photocopies. This isn't like selling a pirated Klipsch speaker.

All and all, it only helps Klipsch by "spreading thw word" and it isn't losing them sales.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Fini, I thought about them too. Not sure how they're able to legally do it. Gil's explanation may apply. At least they provide worthwhile copies of Owners/Tech manuals, catalogs and such.

Just can't understand why someone would pay for a photocopy of an advertisement brochure though?

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 07-21-2002 at 09:13 PM

Hey, all I know is that my 2001 BMW Z8 brochure is in a bag and I hope it will be special someday...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

quote:

Originally posted by avman:

hey mike l-i agree on the tsi's looks, now put a small-block mopar v-8 under the hood and HANG ON!! avman.

Been told there's a yellow 89TSi in this area with a 350. Haven't met the owner yet, but would sure like to nose around under the hood.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>