SOLD: Yung 500w Plate Amplifier $100 Shipped

johnnydrama

Want this gone ASAP. Great amp if your looking to do a DIY subwoofer build. It has the 6dB Boost @ 25hZ making it a good choice for a sealed design. Here is the link for it on Parts Express where it was purchased:

http://www.parts-express.com/yung-sd500-6-500w-class-d-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-module-with-6-db-at-25-hz--301-514

Didn't use it much,(100 hours of use maybe?) I have small children and a wife that doesn't care much for bass. Looks and functions like new, I may have the original box, even if I don't, this shouldn't be hard to get to you safely. I'll eat fees and shipping to CONUS, just send me $100. PM for more details, thanks!

Thanks!

Edited by johnnydrama
  • Like 1

I'm not using the box anymore, I'm picking up an SW-115. I'm selling the components because those are of value and the box really isn't, especially when you consider the difficulty of shipping it. If someone wanted it locally I would sell it to them for $20. If not I'll probably just hold onto it for a rainy day in case I want do another build. The box is essentially demolished at this point. I was doing a refurb on it but then this SW-115 popped into the equation so I just decided to jump for it.

• 1 month later...
Bumping this back up, I'm going to use the funds towards some new amplification for my RB-81iis.

What are you thinking about?

Integrated amp, separates, stereo receiver, another AVR?

Bill

Edited by willland

Havent decided yet. Looking at Marantz SR-7008s and some of the pioneer Elite models. Also considering Emo seperates. Want atleast 125 watts/channel. Will probably be going back to 5.1 at some point so i dont want to have to buy something else when i decide to make that decision.

• Like 1

Havent decided yet. Looking at Marantz SR-7008s and some of the pioneer Elite models. Also considering Emo seperates. Want atleast 125 watts/channel. Will probably be going back to 5.1 at some point so i dont want to have to buy something else when i decide to make that decision.

Is that 125w/ch "all channels driven" or 125w/ch in stereo?

Bill

Is that 125w/ch "all channels driven" or 125w/ch in stereo?

Bill

125 watts per channel stereo.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well Ii saw your thread but didn't want to high-jack it trying to push my merchandise. I did bump this thread a few times hoping it would catch your attention though!

I had bought my second amp back in the summer so it was a moot point.  Trust me, I was kicking myself when I saw your thread but it was too late to send my amp back.

• 3 months later...
Timing is everything, I tried to sell this thing for a month or so for $100-$125 and couldn't give it away. Bump the thread months later and my inbox was littered with request.

I guess I was the first in line.  The check is in the mail, Mr. Drama (I like to shorten forum nicknames, but that one sounds condescending and it's not meant to be! :blink: )

Here is part of the conversation JD and I had, pondering my use for the plate amp:

+++

(Dave) I'm thinking 15" sub, sealed.  This would be more for music than movies.

I picked that size and sealed because I am guessing it would match up with the Yung with the bass boost.  I don't know how that bass boost sounds, and I know it can't be turned on and off.  I would use the DIY Soundgroup 3.0 cuft flatpack, $90.  That is a 20x20x20 cube, and relatively small.

http://www.diysoundg...-flat-pack.html

Then add something like the Dayton Audio UM15-22 15" Ultimax, $200.  I would like to find a 15" driver for $100 so I could put together a $300 sub. 

The Ultimax can take up to 800w, and the Yung delivers 500w.  I referenced a 2ohm driver, but I am thinking I probably need a 4ohm.  Am I matching things up correctly?

http://www.parts-exp...r-coil--295-514

Here is the 4 Ohm (500w power handling)

Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4 15" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm

I will mull over my options and get some input from others before I start gathering my other parts.  Finding a $100 driver will be the hard part, the flat pack will always be there.

+++

(Opening the floor to our Klipshite friends)

Does anybody have any comments on my idea of a 15" sub?  Other suggestions? 

Does anyone out there have a 15" sub driver they have been looking for some sucker to sell it to?  B)

Edited by wvu80