Fortes' good for rock ??

SmthIQ

Have a couple of options to get some Forte / Forte II's , was convinced of the klf 20's , but heard real good things of the forte's , are these speakers good for rock , or what ? What can I expect from these ?? Thanks -- Really thing is -- Fortes are much cheaper than the 20's (plus 20's hard to find) , are the 20's worth the wait/price??

Fortes are great! I have only used mine for jazz, movies and Jimmy Buffett since I got them a few weeks ago and they are great. I'm sure they would be excellent for rock. If you can get them for less than 20s, go for the Fortes.

-ScottWavey.gif

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's

KG-4 Surrounds

RC-3 Center - Academy on the way - YIPPEE!!

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830

SmithIQ

I agree wtih sseymour. Forte's are excellent speakers. First off - I am a Heritage lover. The Forte's are closer to the Heritage sound than the 20's and would be my preference in your situation.

Forte's are like the Heresy with more solid bass.

If you have never heard Heresy's, search this BBS, there is a post every few months from somebody who got Heresy's and can't believe what they have been missing etc....

The Forte is good for playing any style of music and are very efficient like all Heritage models.

Good luck in your quest for better audio.

JM

personally, i don't think klipsch makes a speaker that can't handle rock like a champ Smile.gif at least, no Klipsch speaker I have ever heard did rock even below awesome.

i have never heard fortes, but have read that they are the most understated klipsch speakers, in a good way. as in, the most bang for the buck/package.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Do Bearz S*it in Da WoodZ???

I cannot concieve of any Klipsch Floorstander NOT being great for Rock because - If anything the knock many put on Klipsch's is that they are hot in the midrange. Most Rock is overly heavy in the mids and bass.

Notwithstanding - (yipe 4 syllables) - the whining of some folk Klipsch speakers are also outstanding in their bass response -(ie. they all reproduce solid natural bass although they generally do not have quite the oomph of over equalised car audio system - which hardly be classified as high fidelity although I must admit that those systems can produce astonishing amounts of bass).

Buy the Forte's. They are extreme rockers. My old buddy from high school used to dj dances with Fortes and some mid eighties Carver equipment including an amp that unbelievably powerful, and he used to dim a whole row of pop machines on bass notes.

------------------

2 Channel System:

Klipsch Epic CF-2s

McIntosh C-15 Preamplifier

Adcom GFA 5500 Amplifier

Music Hall MMF-5 Table

Adcom GCD 700 CD

Adcom ACE-515 AC Enhancer

Transparent Audio Cabless>

Smth-

Run, don't walk, and get those Forte IIs. I have a pair of them and love them to death. Had them as the mains of my HT for 9 years and the only thing that could replace them were Mike Linsday's Chorus IIs. The Fortes are great for rock and really pound when you want them to. The Chorus IIs are equally great; a bit smoother in the mids, but not quite as low in the bass.

My parents have both the Forte and the Forte II and I prefer the II for overall quality of speaker, though you can't go wrong with either. The II has the 15" passive radiator in back whereas the I has a 12" Also, the I has slightly smaller holes in the binding posts such that it is tougher to get thicker wires in. Forte II can be beat, but not by anything in its price range.

I love piling on -- get the Forte's, if you haven't already. The bass those things put out will obviate (had to keep up with lynn's 4 syllable word) the need for a sub, in many cases. I trounced on my Forte's with all kinds of rock, and heard another pair at a friend's house with a very large living room. He was playing a Madonna track, and I couldn't believe the bass! Plus, the mids and highs are incredibly krisp.

Doug

------------------

My System