Ideas for old beater LaScala

I saw this photo on a south american horn site. this guy is in Rome and in a small space where horns have the advantage due to their directivity. Just thought I would post so others could see something different and perhaps get some inspiration. Take a very close look at those LaScala bins can you see what has been done to them ? They ought to have two or three sets of braces between the doghouse and the walls while extending right out to the mouth. Best regards Moray James.

PS: here is the horn site link lots to look at http://www.hifichile.cl/index.php?/topic/921-horns/page__st__2400

These bass bins are much wider and bigger. Look up the dimensions of that 2 x 5 horn cell. It is wider than khorns. These look more DIY not Klipsch.

There was an early 30's or 40's RCA bass bin that was closer to this size than the La Scala.

the photo with the WE horn does not look to be a LaScala. It was the color combination which I was interested in. Are there any more creative paint jobs out there that you have a picture of? Please post any and all cosmetic ideas. Best regards Moray James.

post-44375-0-23300000-1402087098.txt

post-44375-0-20220000-1402087439_thumb.j

post-44375-0-32100000-1402087511_thumb.j

post-44375-0-94780000-1402087597_thumb.j

post-44375-0-68740000-1402087828_thumb.j

post-44375-0-97900000-1402088260.jpg

post-44375-0-74460000-1402088426_thumb.j

post-44375-0-59400000-1402302509_thumb.j

post-44375-0-03320000-1402302567_thumb.j

Edited by moray james

Guest David H
See the LaScala with the almost invisible reflec mod in the fake bottom? Thats clever Guys please if you see your handy work Please jump in I know these are built by guys in this forum.

I seem to remember building that.

That speaker is one of my favorites.

Dave

See the LaScala with the almost invisible reflec mod in the fake bottom? Thats clever Guys please if you see your handy work Please jump in I know these are built by guys in this forum.

Dave

Dave that is a really fine job you did as I said very clever Kudos for the excellent job. Can you tell us more about it do you have other pics on file we could see? Please elaborate. Have you got more gems that sparkle which you can show us? Thanks. Best regards Moray James.

the photo with the WE horn does not look to be a LaScala. It was the color combination which I was interested in. Are there any more creative paint jobs out there that you have a picture of? Please post any and all cosmetic ideas. Best regards Moray James.

The photo of the oris horn at the bottom is the one I Built, Much better shot of it than mine with the wife and son

Guest David H

Dave

Dave that is a really fine job you did as I said very clever Kudos for the excellent job. Can you tell us more about it do you have other pics on file we could see? Please elaborate. Have you got more gems that sparkle which you can show us? Thanks. Best regards Moray James.

Here is the build thread.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/117764-i-have-a-project-la-scala-restore/

Dave

• Like 1