Man Cave.. I'll show you mine.. show me yours :D

Cal Blacksmith

This can't die out this quick.........

My man cave isn't big enough but I have a cool wife. So the living room has been converted to a 2 channel room.

Same here no man cave but just a living room, the wife picked the bigger 2 Ch speakers I picked the fortes ll's for HT.

This pic is a few years old but the only thing different is some electronics are missing in this pic and there is usually clean clothes on that black seat on the left waiting to be folded, and grand kids toys possibly anywhere ? :lol:

I love the floor, I am a big fan of hard wood flooring. We just installed about 1200 sq ft of Hickory, it made a HUGE difference in the look of the house.

Ya think those horns in the corners are big enough? :D

• Moderators

There barely big enough but they will have to do. When we first got them we used a HTR as a preamp and the sound was ok (I thought) but kind of lean, switched to a DAC straight from a BR player which also streams, and the sound changed completely for the better, huge difference all the way around.

It kind of reminded me of when I used the same HTR when we got the Cornwalls it was good, when we switched that HTR for an old HK 930 they came alive, much fuller and just overall better sound by far.

The floors are really laminate, I wish they were real wood. I really like the wood look at least, and this was much cheaper.

Cal that room hardly ever looks like that, in real life it looks lived in to say the least. Probably why I took the pic, it was cleaned up and straitened with no extra junk laying around. :lol:

Edited by dtel

I can't make it out, what R to R is that? I have a Tandberg that needs a new drive belt. I took it apart years ago to replace the belt but never got around to finishing the job. All the pieces SHOULD be there (I put the screws ect in zip bags) so one of these days I need to finish that thing!
I agree, not really a man cave, but we spend our time together.

The RTR is a TEAC 3340s, four track. I bought it new in '72. It still works, but could use a going over. I would love to sell it.

The only time I listen to music by myself is when my wife is at work on the weekends (three shifts 8pm-8am). Then I will listen in the living room, which housed my LaScalas (now sold), but the room only has my JBLs. Finishing up my older LS with the ported bass mod, then they will take pride of place for my audio addiction.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...