WTB: Single RF-82

Veyron

So UPS went and dropped one of my RF-82s (Ref IV). Crushed the corner. Looking to buy another if at all possible. Located in Raleigh, NC and would be up to driving a ways to pick one up...

I've been keeping an eye on eBay and Amazon, both seem to be dead ends. Anyone know of any other outlets to try?

Thanks!

Edited by Veyron

So UPS went and dropped one of my RF-82s (Ref IV).

are they not paying for it?

and also try search tempests. you can search nation wide for stuff. maybe you can find someone selling a pair really cheap cause one is super screwed up.

Edited by Scrappydue

So UPS went and dropped one of my RF-82s (Ref IV).
are they not paying for it?

Nope. I shipped them in the factory boxes, styro and wrapping intact, but UPS has some very specific "guidelines" (read: requirements) that the packaging must meet before they will admit it was their fault and pay up. Factory packaging didn't meet their requirements. Believe me, I was livid, spent hours on the phone and such, but to no avail. Anyway, I've boycotted UPS for life and moved on. The RF-82 I have left is lonely and I must attend :)

i would try and fight that because i know for a fact that ups is used by many authorized klipsch dealers and i am sure that KLIPSCH would not use them if in fact their factory packaging was not up to par with UPS standards.

i say get with klipsch and ask a few questions and then get back with ups about it. id ***** to no end about that.

pretty sure the factory boxes and foam is even drop tested and stuff to make sure it can be handled by such companies as the United Package Smashers. they have destroyed two different sets of speakers to me. pair of rb-61 (sellers fault due to lack of bubble wrap and not original packaging) and a pair of brand new wf-35's from newegg (UPS fault). those icon w's were returned to new egg and im sure they were payed back by ups and a new set were shipped to me VIA FEDEX at MY REQUEST. and they were perfect when they arrived.

Like Scrappy says, keep fighting it. Sometimes it's a question of who you talk to. Sometimes the customer service doesn't want to deal with the issue and the manager on duty doesn't either. Most of the time they will try to turn it around and blame you for it. Keep at it. My question to them is, if it didn't meet their requirements why would they accept it for shipping? Why would they not tell you, they weren't responsible for any damages? Is this an item you ordered from Klipsch or you were buying it from another individual?

Yep I was about to post that also for the op - seems like sealed factory hopefully.

In terms of UPS, I've had to deal a similar fight with them. My suggestion is to go the twitter / social media route and threaten to escalate to the office of the president. Ask them to provide in writing where it states that it is not covered / did not meet guidelines. The phone drones just say it because well it's in their best interest to get you to give up and saves the company money.

Good luck.