Silent Treatment?

DizRotus

The recently locked threads about dealing with a forum member illustrate a dilemma under similar circumstances.

I feel it best to ignore such posts and threads. IMO, it's never a good idea to criticize a poster publicly no matter how well deserved. The same seems true about responding to personal criticism. The non-public avenues of a Private Message or email are better suited to such personal discussions.

As was seen, responding only exacerbates the friction and results in a locked thread. But, I confess an urge to let the OP know that he is being intentionally ignored. The problem is, it's like telling someone you're giving them the "silent treatment." By definition, it can't be done.

Perhaps we can collectively formulate a response that indicates the post is not worthy of a response.

More likely, the best response is no response at all. The thread will soon drop away.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

There is much to what you say. I know I have second guessed my effort to bring peace to the subject. We are self-moderating, and frankly, there is where I should have drawn the line.

Less said less amended, is where I should be in life. Getting caught up in the moment, things sometime do not turn out for me as intended.

My apologies to the offended parties!