Re-positioning badges

jimjimbo

Need some advice on best way to remove and re-position a couple of badges on a Heresy and a Cornwall, that are off center and driving me nuts (I'm off center too, so you would think it would cancel out....), but no.  Anyway, I will be extremely careful, but would like to know what to expect.  Are they glued on or self stick?  What's best to use to re-fasten them?  Thanks.

(I can hear it now..."Tilt the speaker"...."Tilt your head"...."Close one eye"...."Have another drink"....)

post-12530-0-98420000-1408636470_thumb.j

post-12530-0-16220000-1408636506_thumb.j

Edited by jimjimbo

Have you verified with a tape measure that they are off center? It seems kind of jerky to put all the blame on the speakers and not accept any potential faults of your own that may be contributing to perceived off-centerness.

My cornwalls (rectangular copper klipsch) were glued on and came off pretty easily. Should just be a matter of cleaning off the residue and applying your favorite adhesive for bonding metal to cloth.

Have you verified with a tape measure that they are off center? It seems kind of jerky to put all the blame on the speakers and not accept any potential faults of your own that may be contributing to perceived off-centerness.

My cornwalls (rectangular copper klipsch) were glued on and came off pretty easily. Should just be a matter of cleaning off the residue and applying your favorite adhesive for bonding metal to cloth.

Would that be beef jerky or turkey jerky?  Of course I have, plus it's pretty easy to see.  What I don't want to do is to use anything to clean off the residue that will leave any kind of mark.  Rubbing alcohol perhaps?  I don't know, that why I asked.

Worried about the fabric, not about the back of the badge that I can't see anyway....

And no, I'm not OCD, just a perfectionist, that's all....

Years back I had a professional fabric upholsterer remove the dumb tags that were on the visors of my Mustang Cobra...... he steamed them off and then surprisingly he used plain old "lighter" fluid to remove the glue from the fabric.  I now even use lighter fluid to clean vinyl records..... Test it on something first, but once the tags on the visors were removed and glue cleaned off, you couldn't tell they were ever there.

I will have the same issue with my Klipschorns when I put in the new horns from Dave.  I'm glad this thread came about, I was worried on how to remove the tags and put them on the new grill fronts.  Cleaning up the glue is the easy part.