College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

Yes, the B'ham Bowl is going right now. We are expecting an inch and a half of rain here today. I imagine the crowd is quite thin.

Never-the-less it is good to see Legion Field in the national spotlight again....

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 1

When my older brother was a little boy, they lived in B'ham.

My dad was friends with Pat Sullivan's dad. The 4 of them used to go to games at Legion Field.

Pat & my brother would play together under a blanket, during cold games.

For those who don't know, Pat Sullivan won the Heisman at Auburn...

As an elementary school football player I sold programs for free admission to all the big Alabama home games (Legion Field) from about '73 to '77. I was a regular stadium rat back in the day. Got to see many college greats during that time. Bryant Denny was under renovations during '77 so all of Bama's home games were at the Old Grey Lady.

Edited by JL Sargent

When my older brother was a little boy, they lived in B'ham.

My dad was friends with Pat Sullivan's dad. The 4 of them used to go to games at Legion Field.

Pat & my brother would play together under a blanket, during cold games.

For those who don't know, Pat Sullivan won the Heisman at Auburn...

He also coached at TCU, for 6 years, and is credited with recruiting LaDainian Tomlinson to come to TCU.   

• Like 1

As an elementary school football player I sold programs for free admission to all the Alabama home games (Legion Field) from about '73 to '77. I was a regular stadium rat back in the day. Got to see many college greats during that time.

Great memories....

The Cotton Bowl stadium is similar. 

If it were not for that "yawner" of a game TX/ou every October, the Heart of Dallas Bowl game and some selected high school games, the stadium is hardly used.  (Which leaves a great natural grass turf).

Because the powers to be wanted to make sure that the TX/ou game stayed in Dallas, the Cotton Bowl was upgraded and around 20,000 seats were added to bring the seating capacity to over 92,000.

Therefore, the old stadium lives on.......

• Like 1

No chance for Ohio State to make it this year after that loss. Get that QB healthy for next year.

I definately learned something about "selection committee football" this year. TCU or Baylor should have been in the final four not Ohio State.

Edited by JL Sargent

Maybe the Big 12 (10) learned something, too?

What you said about Bear Bryant & the 125 scholarships was true.

He & Johnnie Vaught, of Mississippi, would both sign players the knew would not play; but, they weren't going to play for Auburn or State...

The would sign QBs from small teams & turn them into linemen; knowing they were the best athletes on those teams...

The two teams that are playing Monday night have proven that they deserve to be there.  Ohio State is so deep at the QB spot and beat the #1 rated Crimson Tide.  Hold out your hopes for TCU and Baylor for next year.  And, in 2016 the Buckeyes will be back in the hunt.  As for Monday night, order some pizza and beer and hope for a good game.

• Like 1

Tonight is the night. Who else is excited about watching the NCAA Championship Game tonight? We have the up and coming Ohio State Buckeyes vs the Oregon Ducks with their Heisman Trophy winning QB Mariotta. I've got to give the edge to the Ducks in this one but I've been wrong before, just ask Sancho.