College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

What's the general consensus of all you college football aficionados now?  Did the panel get it right or should another team have been in the top 4?  I watched the 2 games yesterday as a playoff has me intrigued.  I have to admit though that these were the first 2 college games I watched this year.  They were each entertaining in their own way.

What's the general consensus of all you college football aficionados now?  Did the panel get it right or should another team have been in the top 4?  I watched the 2 games yesterday as a playoff has me intrigued.  I have to admit though that these were the first 2 college games I watched this year.  They were each entertaining in their own way.

Hindsight is always 20-20. 

If the Playoff Committee was perfect, it would have been 1 vs 2 in the finals.  Even if the first team out #5 Baylor would have won, it doesn't necessarily mean they "belonged" in the top four.  Because it was a small group of individuals and not a computer driven choice, the committee can can do a little mixing and matching to give us an interesting semi-finals lineup. 

I think the committee got it right.

Yes; Buckeyes were the only questionable choice...

Seems like they have a good team.  They beat a team ranked higher than them correct?  Aren't they on their 3'rd quarterback, or something like that?  They were talking about one of the previous ones with a broken ankle.

I guess this isn't like the NFL.  Why are all these secondary bowls being played after the 2 big games this weekend?  You'd think they'd get the inconsequential games out of the way and hype the crap out of the semi and finals.  Play them after everything else college football wise was over.  Seems it would drive ratings up that way.

I guess this isn't like the NFL.  Why are all these secondary bowls being played after the 2 big games this weekend?  You'd think they'd get the inconsequential games out of the way and hype the crap out of the semi and finals.  Play them after everything else college football wise was over.  Seems it would drive ratings up that way.

I would guess the bowls have colluded with each other to space out the TV time and ratings.  There was a time they would air 2 or 3 bowls at the same time on New Years Day, so the bowl could advertise they were a "New Years Day" bowl, which was prestigious.  I feel very confident they took ratings away from each other, with the minor bowls getting very little ratings due to competition with the big bowls.

The "after" New Years bowls are still minor, but there is no competition and still a good market for men who have taken off the end of the week, Friday and Sat who still might watch football, no matter who is playing.  It fills a void for college football leading up to national championship game, which in recent years was played a week AFTER the New Years Bowls games anyway.