Onkyo is fixing failed units and extending warrranties until 2018

TasDom

One of my HDMI inputs went out last weak and I found this. Typed in my serial number and got the authorization for free repair and free shipping. Still a pita but at least it's covered. Also got an authorization to choose an upgrade with a 235.00 allowance... lol I think not!

https://repair.onkyousa.com/na/003_2012.php?country=USA

Hope this helps others here with the Onkyo problems they have encountered

As part of our commitment to quality and customer service we have determined that a limited number of Onkyo Brand receivers manufactured between 2009 and 2012 may experience loss of audio or loss of network connection. This malfunction has been traced back to a defective network chip.

We deeply regret any frustration or inconvenience this situation may have caused.

To address the problem and help people who may have an impacted receiver, Onkyo is launching a special Customer Care Program to remedy this issue for those receivers that may be affected by this loss of audio/network connection issue. This program has three steps:

1. Verify if your Onkyo receiver is impacted

2. Decide how you prefer to address the issue

3. Send us your receiver in a prepaid box and label that we will provide at no cost to you

As part of this program we are also extending our standard limited warranty period to cover this issue for affected receivers through December 31, 2018. All other terms, conditions and limitations of the original limited warranty shall continue to apply for the duration of the original standard limited warranty.

Edited by Tasdom
  • Like 4

Thanks for the post!!! Any idea if they will include any Integra products as well? I believe I just lost the network radio on my 20.3.

Your lucky day :)

http://www.integrahometheater.com/001A_modelreturn_entertype.cfm

***This issue will be handled for Integra customers residing in one of the States of the United States (including the District of Columbia) or one of the Territories in Canada even if you are out of warranty.***

Edited by Tasdom

Thanks for the post!!! Any idea if they will include any Integra products as well? I believe I just lost the network radio on my 20.3.

Probably so.  About a year ago, I had issues with my network card in my Integra DTM-40.4 receiver.  Sent it to NJ Onkyo/Integra facility and got it back operating perfectly with no cost to me. 

Bill

Edited by willland

So are your other inputs still working? I would hate to have send my avr/pro out for who knows how long. Sorry to hear. Whats the deal with these guys and hdmi issues. Man come on these things should be solid gold by now :).

Yes the PC and BluRay inputs are fine. Tried 2 other cables to verify the CBL/SAT input for the directv that was plugged in there but nada. I have the STB plugged thru the OPPO to watch TV.

Return box will be here Friday but I have to ship it to Illinois. :( I'll be hooking up the Oppo to one of my amps to get by while I wait.

So are your other inputs still working? I would hate to have send my avr/pro out for who knows how long. Sorry to hear. Whats the deal with these guys and hdmi issues. Man come on these things should be solid gold by now :).

Yes the PC and BluRay inputs are fine. Tried 2 other cables to verify the CBL/SAT input for the directv that was plugged in there but nada. I have the STB plugged thru the OPPO to watch TV.

Return box will be here Friday but I have to ship it to Illinois. :( I'll be hooking up the Oppo to one of my amps to get by while I wait.

Another great reason to get an oppo :).

I had mine repaired recently. HDMI just went out one day. Glad they extended the warranty but it took forever to get it fixed, over a month. Probably mostly due to the repair shop I had to use.

This is the second Onkyo product I have owned and the second time I had to have one repaired under extended warranty. I'm gratefully they extended the warranty but will probably not buy one again.

I got my return box on Friday so I planned on the tear down for Sunday evening. While watching football Sunday afternoon, the same problem occurred on a different input where the Oppo was connected. But if I changed input sources in the Oppo, I got a video signal to the Onkyo.

This isolated the problem to the Directv Genie box and their customer service told me they have had several instances of this happening.

So anyways the Onkyo is fine and the Genie is being replaced. Onkyo said hold on to the box and the RA as it's valid thru 2018