Just sent two turntables to the thrift store. It was very liberating.

JL Sargent

I have got to quit picking up old turntables at yard sales. I guess I'm addicted to buying these things. I still have several too. I just sent a Dual 1009 and a Garrard 625s to the thrift store because I've got to quit collecting these things. Still have a ton of audio gear, more than any one person needs. Are we all this bad?

Are we all this bad?
Not me - I've got one other setup in the building stage for one of my offspring (Khorns/Belle/Heresies/cheap sub in 5.1) with a AVR--stuff that I've cast off - awaiting move into a larger abode that can accommodate the setup (whichever offspring gets there first). Very little else clutters the garage shelves.

just stop buying them at yard sales OP... pay full amount for good equipment and you'll soon stop trying to bargain bin yourself into good sound.

I'm not trying to improve audio in any way. Already have several great setups. Just enjoy tinkering around with these turntables. I have a few sewing machines too and not really sewing. I simply marvel at these mechanical devices. 

• Like 1

you are not alone I know some that collect even though they have great setups, its a compulsion they can not pass on a great deal even though they have no use for the components

I myself could only ever afford a single setup and so could not buy and horde pieces, I typically haad to sell in order to afford something new

If it makes you smile, keep it up  :D

• Moderators
'JL Sargent', on 13 Sept 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

I have a few sewing machines too and not really sewing. I simply marvel at these mechanical devices.

If you like mechanical things you would love the embroidery machines, this one is the model my wife has, a Brother 620, it's amazing to watch.

just a stock pic from online

post-9700-0-68820000-1410632999_thumb.jp