SVS Opinion...

Schu

I can pick up these SVS PB2000 for $1,000pr... a few months old and owner says warranty is still good. is this a fair deal, good deal or wait for a horn loaded sub?

I would be giving up my SW-115 and replacing a single 15 with dual 12's... I am looking for MUSICALITY over HT, but at least 20hz would be cool!

SVS subs are good but in no way a substitute for the effortless sound of a horn loaded subwoofer.

That's what I was waiting to hear jason... but you never got back to me via email...

Sent you back a reply to your PM the same day, feel free to E-Mail me anytime.

jasonstr1969@yahoo.com

Two of the SB, PB 2000 or two of the SW 115 will be about equal for music.  The old saying of sealed subs are more musical, well, it is just an old saying.  I play my system mainly for music and the sealed sub pair would hard to pick out over the vented in a blind test.  I have owned SVS and they are exceptional for music.  The true limiting factor is distortion, extension and max spl. weather direct radiators or horn subs are used.  One has to decide on how much spl they want to generate at a specific frequency, how much extension is needed to the system and what it will take for a given size room.  Most of us don't listen to organ music  but, want extension for HT.  Extension without spl does not reap much benefit.  Consider two DIY subs, 2 horn sub or two 15 in. subs to really do the job.  There is always more than one way to skin the cat.  Two subs is a must for music unless you only have one MLP.

Hey, a replacement  may get you more displacementt. :)   For me, it took a while to figure out how much low end I needed and what would get me there.  When dealing with quality subs, SQ was not as big of an issue has headroom which directly relates to distortion.

Edited by derrickdj1