1963 Klipschorn's Walnut Raw/Cane Grills - $1200

Frzninvt

I would love to get these for myself but I would have to part with my '77 La Scala's first.  They are just over the Canadian border from me and appear to be in decent shape for being 51 years old.  Bet they have the K-33 Jensen woofers from the time period in them.  Love the hand wound bobbinized coils in the crossover network.   

http://montreal.craigslist.ca/msg/4659331752.html

I am not affiliated with the seller.

Excellent question Russ, the more I look at the ad I am thinking it might be a single speaker.  That said if you study the first photo closely you can see the other speaker behind it in the background.  The cane side grill on it looks pretty gnarly too.  I would say that they are a pair.  I would have to use Google translate to ask the question since the seller obviously speaks French.

Edited by Frzninvt

Yes, the side grilles look shot, with that high of a water level, possibly some structural damage if they were wet for very long. The old cane is very brittle, I have 63 CW with cane grilles and they're pretty rough. If it's just the side grilles, the Wendell 'cane' look, while a bit plasticy looking, might suffice. I just love cane. 

Would be interested to find out the year on these, they are the old bobbin coil networks with a chrome K77 tweeter. Probably very early 60's models! 

EDIT - I suppose reading the OP would be of some help eh? 

Edited by colterphoto1

Excellent question Russ, the more I look at the ad I am thinking it might be a single speaker.  That said if you study the first photo closely you can see the other speaker behind it in the background.  The cane side grill on it looks pretty gnarly too.  I would say that they are a pair.  I would have to use Google translate to ask the question since the seller obviously speaks French.

after i posted my earlier response i did see what looks like another k-horn in the back ground. i guess he's not wanting anyone to see the condition of it.

btw, pictured are the type of early Klipsch capacitor that does NOT age as do the motor start type. I have one of these in one Khorn and Bob's AA in the other and it's about 50/50 as to who can tell any difference. 

Don't mean to hijack this thread but this is good to know.  I have these in my 1967 Cornwalls and was planning swap to Crites.