Red River Rivalry a little ho hum this year

japosey

I agree with you guys that OU-Texas should be the "must watch" game but this year both teams are smarting just a little.  I'll be keeping my eye on it, for sure.  Early on, I picked both OK and Baylor as final four teams this year, but realistically it will be OK OR Baylor who will carry the banner for the Big 12.

I'll be watching WVU and Texas Tech at noon, Saturday.  The Mountaineers see the TT game as "must win" if they want to be considered more than another Big 12 doormat, like Kansas.

The bigger issue is that with one-loss, a national championship semi tryout is on the line for OK and they need style points, bad.  I bet they try to run it up on Texas.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I agree with you guys that OU-Texas should be the "must watch" game but this year both teams are smarting just a little.  I'll be keeping my eye on it, for sure.  Early on, I picked both OK and Baylor as final four teams this year, but realistically it will be OK OR Baylor who will carry the banner for the Big 12.

I'll be watching WVU and Texas Tech at noon, Saturday.  The Mountaineers see the TT game as "must win" if they want to be considered more than another Big 12 doormat, like Kansas.

The bigger issue is that with one-loss, a national championship semi tryout is on the line for OK and they need style points, bad.  I bet they try to run it uon Texas.

This is the first time in 71 years that both Texas and ou are coming into this game with a previous week loss. 

It wound up being an entertaining game.....

Yeah, so much for OK running up the score.  I thought Texas looked like the better team much of the game.

+++

My Mountaineers scored the last 17 points in the last 5:55 to upend Texas Tech with a 55 yard FG as time ran out.  I haven't looked at the stats but I bet TT had at least 4 plays of over 40 yards and two plays over 60.  I know they had an up-the-middle TD run for about 76 yards.  Yes, I was screaming at my TV.

+++

What the heck, TCU?    :blink:   They look MUCH better than Baylor, early 3rd period.

Edited by wvu80

It wound up being an entertaining game.....

Yeah, so much for OK running up the score.  I thought Texas looked like the better team much of the game.

+++

My Mountaineers scored the last 17 points in the last 5:55 to upend Texas Tech with a 55 yard FG as time ran out.  I haven't looked at the stats but I bet TT had at least 4 plays of over 40 yards and two plays over 60.  I know they had an up-the-middle TD run for about 76 yards.  Yes, I was screaming at my TV.

+++

What the heck, TCU?    :blink:   They look MUCH better than Baylor, early 3rd period.

Um, really???? :o:huh::lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, really.

I like Baylor, I think (I used to think) they should carry the Big 12 banner into the final four.  But holy cow, Baylor, play some defense! (51-37 TCU, early 4th)

I suppose pre-season, you were the guy who had TCU winning the Big 12, and Mississippi State in the final four?  :P

+++

Edit:  Game tied at 58, 4:42 to go.  Baylor just scored 3 td in 5 minutes.  TCU's D looks gassed, Baylor's D looks good right now.  Exciting game!

Edit Edit:  Baylor takes it by a FG in the last second, 24 unanswered points in the 4th.  I see two good two 10 offenses, but NO defenses!  Or, ironically, Baylor won with D in the 4th quarter.  Best game of the year between two good offensive teams.

Edited by wvu80

Yeah, really.

I like Baylor, I think (I used to think) they should carry the Big 12 banner into the final four.  But holy cow, Baylor, play some defense! (51-37 TCU, early 4th)

I suppose pre-season, you were the guy who had TCU winning the Big 12, and Mississippi State in the final four?  :P

+++

Edit:  Game tied at 58, 4:42 to go.  Baylor just scored 3 td in 5 minutes.  TCU's D looks gassed, Baylor's D looks good right now.  Exciting game!

Edit Edit:  Baylor takes it by a FG in the last second, 24 unanswered points in the 4th.  I see two good two 10 offenses, but NO defenses!  Or, ironically, Baylor won with D in the 4th quarter.  Best game of the year between two good offensive teams.

How do you figure??? OU should have blown Texas out by 28 points, but screwed up enough to let them hang around. But of course in the end OU held them off as everyone on the planet knew they would. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rick J B

Yeah, really.

+++

How do you figure???

Apparently...I figured wrong!  :lol:  You mean how did I figure Baylor won with Defense?  At the end of the game, a SINGLE more 1st down by TCU would have won the game for them (or at least not lost it for them).  TCU went for 4th and 4 with two minutes left, but the Baylor D held on, and the Baylor offense went on to get the game winning field goal.

In our Final Four poll, I picked FSU and Baylor to be in the final four, so despite my ignorance on today's Baylor outcome, I am so far still right!  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Yeah, really.

+++

How do you figure???

Apparently...I figured wrong!  :lol:  You mean how did I figure Baylor won with Defense?  At the end of the game, a SINGLE more 1st down by TCU would have won the game for them (or at least not lost it for them).  TCU went for 4th and 4 with two minutes left, but the Baylor D held on, and the Baylor offense went on to get the game winning field goal.

In our Final Four poll, I picked FSU and Baylor to be in the final four, so despite my ignorance on today's Baylor outcome, I am so far still right!  B)

I don't think you're following along, but whatever. :huh: