To Upgrade or Not

Jim

after posting it that's what I thought. I see everyone clamors about these. I'd like to hear them sometime, just need to know where to go. I'm still very ignorant to a lot of things and need to do some research on my setups and best way to achieve optimum sound out of them. Looks like a bunch of people on here are well hearsed on their equipment. My friends all thought I was the audiophile,but the people on here make me look like a total novice. Good though,there's a lot I may learn from here.

Klipschorn, LaScala and Belle Klipsch are the fully horn loaded speakers. They are also 3 way. Mated with a fully horn loaded sub or two, and you have a pretty great sounding setup.

There is nothing at all wrong with a good reflex / horn 2 way mix like the reference and many of the Cinema Pro series, or for that matter a 2 way horn mix like the Jubilee's. 

People tend to match horn loaded subs with horn loaded bass bins, and reflex subs with reflex bass bins, but this is not always true. Horn loaded subs are usually much much larger than their reflex counterparts.

The sounds are different, and when you A/B switch them you can hear a huge difference. Being better or not is totally subjective for one thing, and what you are actually listening to is another huge factor.

Two horns on top, mid and high, the bass is inside, it's a folded horn behind the pointed looking part on the bottom. Not a ton of bass but tight and accurate I would say.

It sure is.  There is something unique about horn-propagated sound for the entire range -- treble, mid, and bass -- of the speaker.  The La Scala is a real favorite because its musical sound is so integrated and, as Dtel says, tight and accurate.

Pat of the secret is the bottom portion, which is the mouth of a very large horn.  That horn, especially when sitting on the floor, provides the entire lower middle range from the bass to notes that go above above the A-440 that orchestras tune to.  That's a LOT of middle range, and that critical area really makes the speaker special IMO.

Edited by LarryC
  • Like 1

Awesome! Let us know when you get it all put together...

Just purchased the RC-25 for $99.00, a set of RS-3's for $140.00,and a second set of RS-3's for $110.00. Hopefully didn't overpay on any of them.

Congrats, just hoos everything up and enjoy.  I was really surprised when I hooked up a pair of KG 2.5 in my main system and away from the walls.  They sounded great, much better than expected.  Add a sub if you don't have one and enjoy. 

Awesome! Let us know when you get it all put together...

Just purchased the RC-25 for $99.00, a set of RS-3's for $140.00,and a second set of RS-3's for $110.00. Hopefully didn't overpay on any of them.

Congrats, just hoos everything up and enjoy.  I was really surprised when I hooked up a pair of KG 2.5 in my main system and away from the walls.  They sounded great, much better than expected.  Add a sub if you don't have one and enjoy. 

Thanks,

I just took my KG 3.5's and put them in my family room hooked up as rear surrounds with my 9.2 setup. I have a double sub setup on both systems, the one in the living room are Yamaha subs as the wife and kids don't like the thunderous bass. My family room also has 2 subs,but they are cheaper branded Stellar Labs. They are O.K. for now, but I'm looking to do 4 subs in each room so I have to start saving for them. I did have a 10" Klipsch powered sub in the living room, but it started getting a hum in it so I sold it. I have to say though I am going to miss the KSB's sound.

Congrats, you found some good deals!

Is that a muskie or pike in your avatar?

That is a 42" Pike,caught one in my kayak this size and another 37". Been dying to get a muskie.

That is a 42" Pike,caught one in my kayak this size and another 37". Been dying to get a muskie.

Thought so but was hard to see. Muskie's are great but elusive. My best catch was a 52" muskie at Lake of The Woods in Canada

Nice,I've been wanting to go to Canada, but can't find anyone to go with me. I also do the Salmon Run in the Salmon River annually on the fly. I got hooked immediately after catching my first one. I'm in NJ so we don't have a bunch of Muskie Lakes and the ones we do have most everyone trolls for them. I did have an over 50" muskie come up and bump me in my kayak.Needless to say I moved to another spot to fish as it was very cold and I didn't want to chance being flipped.

• Like 1

I'm in NJ so we don't have a bunch of Muskie Lakes and the ones we do have most everyone trolls for them. I did have an over 50" muskie come up and bump me in my kayak.Needless to say I moved to another spot to fish as it was very cold and I didn't want to chance being flipped.

lol I bet you have New Mexico beat. Hmm, muskie fishing in a kayak.........might be one hell of a ride!

I'm in NJ so we don't have a bunch of Muskie Lakes and the ones we do have most everyone trolls for them. I did have an over 50" muskie come up and bump me in my kayak.Needless to say I moved to another spot to fish as it was very cold and I didn't want to chance being flipped.

lol I bet you have New Mexico beat. Hmm, muskie fishing in a kayak.........might be one hell of a ride!

It is with Pike, Blue Fish, Striped Bass, Catfish, and many other species. I could post 100's of pictures,lol.Attached are a few.

I did however wear my Klipsch headphones while listening to music.

post-59264-0-58540000-1414990477_thumb.j

post-59264-0-78140000-1414990491_thumb.j

post-59264-0-41380000-1414990516_thumb.j

Edited by Jim

As a kid, we went to Hearst, Ontario a few times.  Mostly Northern's, Walley and Yellow Perch.  To this day, Walley is my favorite fish to eat.

As newlyweds, I drug my wife and my boat up to Canada for some tent camping and fishing. I slept with a 30/30 under my pillow, as it was bear season. I can't remember the places we went. We just drove and hit the campgrounds. It was truly a fun trip.

I have a lake house on Stonecoal Lake here in West Virginia. The two state record Musky came out of that lake, 'total weight' and 'total length'. I have still to this date, never landed a Musky.  Sad.... 

The last fishing trip we took was to Oregon Inlet last summer where we brought in 60+ Mahi Mahi. There was so much, that I fed my whole soup kitchen 120+ meals from what was left over.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have anyone I can drag to go places with,lol. Wife and kids love to camp but hate fishing,and only go in summer time. Friends that I used to travel with are no longer around, so it's me, myself, and I.  I do the tent thing, and sometimes will rent a room depending on where I go. Had a pop up camper but got rid of it.Wished I would've kept it.

Mustang ,you must have a very large room for all those La Scalas. I feel like a little kid looking up to an adult when I see some of the speakers and HT setups on here.

Nice catch... We have several guy's that enjoy fishing on this forum.....