The most bass I have EVER heard in a movie...

Youthman

• Moderators

Wakejunkie and his cousin were down visiting and tonight we rented Edge of Tomorrow with Tom Cruise. Great movie and it had more LFE throughout the ENTIRE movie than I have ever heard. The RSW15's were shaking my entire home. I can't wait to hear Wake's dual 18's in an IB configuration. He said it pressurized the room enough to move his hair.

• Like 1

Check out the "last blu-ray you watched" thread.  Comments there warned of excessive ultra LFE and crazy mixing in Edge of Tomorrow that potentially could damage subs.  Haven't seen the movie yet, but this wakened me to be careful.  Interesting that "War of the Worlds" with Tom Cruise, even non-Blu-ray, was one of the most impressive sound effects movie I've heard in HT.

Edited by tnr

• Moderators
If you like that one, rent Transformer 4. It also has a lot of continuous bass.

I remember that when I saw it in the theater. 

Check out the "last blu-ray you watched" thread. Comments there warned of excessive ultra LFE and crazy mixing in Edge of Tomorrow that potentially could damage subs. Haven't seen the movie yet, but this wakened me to be careful.

Honestly, I can EASILY see how a movie like that could damage subs if they are turned up too loud.  It definitely gave my subs the most workout they have ever experienced.  I was probably at their threshold and wouldn't dare have turned them up any louder for fear of damaging them.

Free massage?  Time to straighten pictures and move items away from the edge.  I was freakin out that I blew one of my RF-7 woofers.  Turned out a small picture slipped down between the speaker and grill when I moved the speaker a few inches.  I'm the dumb *** for not taking the picture off the top of the speaker.  Was relieved that was causing the rattle as opposed to a blown woofer.

The infamous sub damaging material is just on the opening credits, it's this continuous obnoxious sine wave that steps down like 4 times for no apparent reason.  Otherwise it's pretty on-par with most good action movies, I think there's just as much or more LFE's in Transformers.  I was much more impressed with the 7.1 rear surround content on "edge of tomorrow", I haven't heard any movie that sounds as nice on rear surround material.  Also the fullness of the gatlin guns sounded totally badass on my RF-7ii's that I'm running full range.  The sound effects from the gatlin guns that were mounted on the suits was my favorite part by far.  

What makes me grin is movies where you're NOT expecting bass.  For example, the Toy Story Halloween special.  There is LFE that runs all over several big name action movies.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1