Q&A with The Offical Archivist of Personal Relationships

Thaddeus Smith

• Moderators
Thaddeus Smith, on 12 Nov 2014 - 10:25 AM, said: I expected to have a harder time getting this thread off the ground, but response volume has been explosive - and more labor intensive than I had expected

But you picked a subject that is impossible to figure out, it could have been much busier, the questions are unlimited.

Good question Boxx, and Carls answer could be true, never thought of that one.

Edited by dtel

That's an easy one, even I know that.  If they die in their sleep, they want to look good for whoever sees them.

So that must be why women love soap operas and Oprah Winfrey and similar shows, as women need to feel like there are people worse off than they are and look much worse than they do.

That's an easy one, even I know that.  If they die in their sleep, they want to look good for whoever sees them.

So that must be why women love soap operas and Oprah Winfrey and similar shows, as women need to feel like there are people worse off than they are and look much worse than they do.

Looks like we've found a new Archivist!

• Moderators

Here's one

If we are out somewhere and she see's me looking at someone (amazing looking) she ask........."Like that?"....  and I say yes she will say... "go for it !", and she means it.

OK It's either one or two things

1 She knows I wouldn't have a chance or knows I wouldn't try

or

It a statement similar to what Clint Eastwood said............feel lucky punk

Not sure which one it is ?

And like a proud father, I release this thread to age and mature on its own...

Translation:  My wife saw this thread and I'm in deep doodoo.

Since it is not Valentines Day, we should watch to see if the Snarky One stops at the flower shop today. If he does, we don't have to ask "what did you do?" as we will know that "what he has done has been found out."

Since it is not Valentines Day, we should watch to see if the Snarky One stops at the flower shop today. If he does, we don't have to ask "what did you do?" as we will know that "what he has done has been found out."

i bring flowers home about every 2-3 weeks. my lady lights up at the small gesture and my little 2.5yr old already understands that it's a way for me to show appreciation and express how mom is special to me. it's the best $20/month budget item ever.

i bring flowers home about every 2-3 weeks. my lady lights up at the small gesture and my little 2.5yr old already understands that it's a way for me to show appreciation and express how mom is special to me. it's the best $20/month budget item ever.

I was trying to stay on topic; however, on a more serious note, I used to do the same while I was married. :emotion-25:  :emotion-41:   :wub2:

Back to the scheduled program; the hard part was not crossing the point where she was conditioned to expect it and when they didn't arrive at the appropriate time or were not the appropriate flower, the meaning of PMS would change to 'permitted man-slaughter' that would appear to be justified and legal in her eyes. :ph34r2:

Very smart, it's like insurance

except i have no ulterior motives. I just adore my wife and want make sure she knows it constantly. no need for insurance - we've gone through enough life hurdles in our 8 years together to learn healthy communication skills and conflict resolution. and we really like each other. i'm a very blessed man.

Very smart, it's like insurance

except i have no ulterior motives. I just adore my wife and want make sure she knows it constantly. no need for insurance - we've gone through enough life hurdles in our 8 years together to learn healthy communication skills and conflict resolution. and we really like each other. i'm a very blessed man.

I would agree, you seem to be blessed.  Given that my ex is bipolar and has serious and extreme periods of depression and irritability along with periods of being extremely happy and content, we ultimately ended up in a situation that neither of us could navigate and negotiate successfully and went our separate ways.  I saw my grandfather go through the same thing with my grandmother; however, he was a stronger man than I in navigating the pitfalls caused by these emotional extremes.   

I would agree, you seem to be blessed.  Given that my ex is bipolar and has serious and extreme periods of depression and irritability along with periods of being extremely happy and content, we ultimately ended up in a situation that neither of us could navigate and negotiate successfully and went our separate ways.  I saw my grandfather go through the same thing with my grandmother; however, he was a stronger man than I in navigating the pitfalls caused by these emotional extremes.   

i have cyclothymia (soft bipolar, can result in full bi-polar disorder if left unmanaged) and she deals with anxiety issues. as long as we both take our meds, support each other through accountability, and constantly communicate about how we're feeling we do really well. and I have a really good psychiatrist. :D

the first couple years of our marriage were really tough because neither of us had really gone through diagnosis or treatment. proper meds and the act of going through that process together really gave us perspective and a sense of what we could overcome together. then we were hit with infertility - conquered that too. and now we're up to our ears in parenting a 2.5yr old and a 3 month old. we're at our limits more often than not these days, but we have a great toolbox and some experience under our belts that help us push through each day.

now to get back on topic: why are wedding dresses white? to match the appliances, of course... (along with short feet to get closer to the sink, and no need for a watch when there's a perfectly good clock on the stove) 

• Like 1